OEM Styled TPMS System (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been looking to update and refresh my daily driver 80. One of the nice features to have was the TPMS monitor. I wasn't too keen on the aftermarket TPMS system with the add-on TPMS display on the dash and sensor that screws on the tire valve cap.

I came across this OEM style TPMS system with the sensor that are mounted inside the tire like the OEM style. The TPMS display replaces one of the switch blanks on the dash for the clean OEM look. This one is for the newer Toyota dash which has the shorter switch blank (24mm X 35mm) vs the older switch blank (25mm X 45mm).

I figure I might be able to fabricate a cover plate using the old switch blank to fit this TPMS display in the dash for that OEM look.

Any thoughts or comments on this?

Amazon.com: Careud U912 Wireless Auto Car Vehicle TPMS Tire Pressure Monitoring System with LCD Display 4 Built-in Sensors Diagnostic Alarm Temperature Battery Power Monitor for Toyota: Automotive

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZZEG38O/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A59OO3NF467ZG&psc=1

Those have gotten a lot cheaper! I love the idea of TPMS but I'm afraid I'd spend more on getting the batteries replaced ever 2 years at a shop than I'd ever save in fuel economy from keeping the tires inflated.

The TPMS above uses the standard button cell battery that could be replaced. If the battery dies, just have the local tire shop pull tire and TPMS sensor and replace the battery.

True, but that costs money!

I am mostly just bitter because I really really want a CTIS but it's basically impossible with stock axles.

After pondering for three years, I'm back looking at the TPMS AGAIN. The switch opening is about 37mm x 21mm. There is a kit to fit the Nissan switch opening of 36mm x 21mm. Anyone have any experience with this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom