OEM Fog Light Switch Integration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone--

I've got the following harness wired up and installed without any issues with some off road lights I obtained. Everything works great but I'd like to replace the cheesy switch with an OEM unit. I've located an OEM switch with pigtails and just wanted to check to see if anybody saw any problems with wiring up this harness to an OEM switch on my '93. I'm not exactly sure how I would wire it up. I've got a multimeter if somebody can give me some instructions.

Thanks.

attachment.php

What kind of OEM switch do you have? Does it have backlight and does it have a green LED lamp when activated?

Also, does your OEM switch have a pigtail harness? If so, please add picture.

Thanks for the reply. I don't have the switch yet but let me get a photo from the seller here on Mud.

Here we go. Complete with pigtails and connector.

My initial guess is that you want to splice the white and blue wires from your aftermarket switch into the green/red and blue/red pigtail from the OEM switch. I wouldn't know for sure without a few minutes with a multimeter. That setup should trigger the relay to your lights.

It looks like both the aftermarket and OEM switch have back lights or indication lights. That will take a little more effort to figure out.

Found this pinout from gotmud.

If I'm interpreting it correctly, POWER IN will come from the same fuse block circuit I'm using now to power my aftermarket switch, TO SWITCHED DEVICE will come from my relay, GROUND will ground to the same chassis bolt I'm using now in the footwell. It looks like I'll have to tap into an existing dash wire for this button to light up when my lights are on?

Last edited:
Pin out seems to be overlooking the 5th pin in the upper left corner but irregardless my initial stab seems to be confirmed.

Green/red pigtail to white wire from the aftermarket harness.

Red/blue wire to blue wire.

This next part is a wag and will probably require a bit of trial and error but you should be able to power the backlight in the OEM switch but splicing the black wire coming off the aftermarket switch to the green wire on your OEM pigtail and then taping the factory harness for the backlight power and splice that into the last wire depicted in the OEM switch diagram. Sorry but I can't tell the color. By the way, most people tap the green cigarette lighter backlight when powering aux switches.

That last wire I was wondering about appears to be white with grey stripes.

I apologize for the multiple posts. I'm using the mobile app and the 'new reply' feature doesn't allow me to view previous posts until I submit.

Is your aftermarket switch currently located anywhere near where you intend to install the OEM switch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom