October 15th trail ride: Music Pass (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SAS

Seeking higher vistas
Threads
Music Pass is an easy 4x4 road. The "trailhead" is about 10 miles south of Westcliffe. The road is approximately 14 miles in length and leads to a hiking trailhead. It is relatively obscure--there is no data about Music Pass on trailsoffroad.com nor in my "Colorado Backroads & 4WD Trails" book (aka FunTreks book).

I found a video on YouTube by "Colorado Overland Routes and Elements"

I sent an email to @PWCO70crusier to see if he can lead this one this weekend.

If you've driven Music Pass, please post up!

More to follow.

Planning to make it. My son is coming with us. Told him about Percy! Hate to miss him this time.

Where we meeting up?

Actually, it's been suggested that we go elsewhere (Buena Vista-St. Elmo-Tin Cup-Mount Princeton) so I'm gathering info about weather and snow level in that area.
Aspen Ridge between BV and Salida is a possibility (goes through State Trust Land--requires possession of either a hunting license or fishing license).

I'll know on Thursday.

I texted with Marcus in Buena Vista, he says Princeton, St. Elmo, Tin Cup are all "open".

So if you'd prefer that the club run changes to BV area to run Mt. Princeton or Tin Cup (or something nearby), post here!

Ok, this sounds great!
What is the drive time to trail head?
And is there camping potential?

BV is about a 2 to 2.5 hour drive. 30 minutes +/- to any of the named trailheads. Yes, camping is abundant!

Let's meet Saturday, 8am to 830am at the Alta store in Crystola. @wonderlc might join us.

Last edited:
@LandLocked93 and I met @wonderlc in Johnson Village and then drove up the Mount Princeton road. Weather was clear and mild, so this was a great trip. The chalet at the end of the road (elevation appr. 12,000ft) is really impressive!

We left the mountain and drove to Canon City, camped off County Road 69 inside the Seep Springs OHV area.

20221015_123842.jpg

20221015_125743.jpg

20221015_125459.jpg

It was a good trip and excellent weather indeed.
Seeing the hot springs was really cool.
Once again, a good time, and great food and fun with everyone. 👍

20221015_130942.jpg

20221015_123534.jpg

Reactions: SAS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom