O2 Sensors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Okay, check engine light and two codes came up - P0037, Bank 1 Sensor 1 and P0057 Bank 2 Sensor 2. Kinda odd wouldn't you think? Upsteam on one side and downstream on the other side? What do you think - replace both sensors on each side or just the bad sensors on their respective side?

If I am not mistaken, the downstream o2 sensor that is post cat won't trigger the CEL only the up stream one that is after the first cat will trigger the CEL. It s possible the downstream one failed a while ago but you didn't know and the new one that died just failed.

Okay, check engine light and two codes came up - P0037, Bank 1 Sensor 1 and P0057 Bank 2 Sensor 2. Kinda odd wouldn't you think? Upsteam on one side and downstream on the other side? What do you think - replace both sensors on each side or just the bad sensors on their respective side?
I did some research on the codes. P0037 and P0057 are for bank 1 sensor 2 and bank 2 sensor 2 respectively ( downstream from the catalyst) These both get power for the heater circuit from the same source (EFI FUSE No. 2 and the EFI relay). While it’s completely possible both sensors have failed, I would check the fuse, relay, and wiring first since they share the same power source.

I did some research on the codes. P0037 and P0057 are for bank 1 sensor 2 and bank 2 sensor 2 respectively ( downstream from the catalyst) These both get power for the heater circuit from the same source (EFI FUSE No. 2 and the EFI relay). While it’s completely possible both sensors have failed, I would check the fuse, relay, and wiring first since they share the same power source.
Thanks, I will. I have purchased 4 new O2 sensors since previous owners were somewhat negligent in maintenance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom