NWS/NSFW rule on Albums, Avatars and Profile Pics etc... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
Not Work Safe NWS / Not Safe For Work NSFW images in posts require a warning in the Thread Title. Same with posts containing external links to NWS images or sites.

A handful of the avatars used on the forum fall in that same not-work-safe category, yet they are visible in any forum section you post in, tech or chat...and specifically, to guest users since turning on/off avatars is not selectable unless you are registered.

Effective immediately, NWS/NSFW avatars are no longer allowed. Same policy goes for Profile Pictures and Albums....zero tolerance.

I'll be PM'ing a handful of you with a link to this thread, and I appreciate your cooperation.

Last edited by a moderator:
this has been an ongoing decision, for months and months...the latest issue just brought it again to the forefront. Believe me, I get PM's from users and emails from guests on this all the time....this is not a new issue, but one I'm finally making a statement on.

Making the NWS/NSFW warning rule consistent means all avatars and profile pics must comply...users can choose to read or not read a thread with a NWS/NSFW warning in the title. If they read a tech thread and come across a NWS/NSFW avatar, they don't have the option "up front" to avoid them. Guests never have that option either. And many businesses do monitor images closely.

This makes the tech portions of the forum "work safe" and "family safe" for all.

Last edited:
additionally, this guideline is for a generally "family safe" avatar...if your avatar crosses that line with regards to gestures or motions, you will be asked to change it.

The goal of 'MUD is for the forum to remain Family and kid safe...at least with Chat, users have the choice to participate or not. The Tech/Sale/Etc areas should remain family friendly, and all avatars and signatures will as well.

Due to new Network rules/guidelines that have recently come into play, the NWS/NSFW rule is also going to become more strict, effective immediately.

Non-compliant Images now include, but are not limited to, pages with images or videos containing:

• Strategically covered nudity
  • Sheer or see-through clothing
  • Lewd or provocative poses
  • Close-ups of breasts, buttocks, or crotches

Offenders will receive a NWS/NSFW warning on the first offense, followed by NWS/NSFW infractions on all future offenses.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom