Nutha Fotey Five Fo Sale.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

StanCruiserMan,

Don't know what you mean by corner windows.

However, it does have a full floater and there doesn't appear to ever have been a dash pad in my rig as I don't have any holes at all. Go and check out the "owners post here" section and I posted a picture of my dash. There was no heater to my knowledge and very little dash knobs. Who knows how many PO's this had and what they did with it though...

ALL, 45LPB's had the corner windows, from 64-85.

If you mean the front door vent windows, I think other markets got them from 75+ . a few US spec 83 fj40's also had them

StanCruiserMan said:
I am curious, what's the build date on that? I thought the corner windows didn't come out until 79. Do they look original to the truck? Also does it have a full floater? How about a dash pad?

I'm trying to educate myself on Central American Cruisers.

AZkick-n40 said:
Don't know what you mean by corner windows.

However, it does have a full floater and there doesn't appear to ever have been a dash pad in my rig as I don't have any holes at all. There was no heater to my knowledge and very little dash knobs. Who knows how many PO's this had and what they did with it though...

The dash looks like what I would expect for the vintage. Don't know about the heater however. I've only seen 1960's models without the heater.

Yes Landpimp has it, I mean the front door vent windows. In Oz those are on all 79 and newer 40 series. I think they started the same time as the square bib and the fuel tank went under the body. I've never seen them in the US in person except on Canadian BJ42's and other imports.

I will have to post pics of my 81. It has the dash pad (1st year for that in Oz I believe) but loses the grab bar.

StanCruiserMan,

I would love to see some pictures of your rig. If you don't want to post here then PM me and I'll send you my email address.

To me, the doors look original to the rig, but I may be wrong.

Brian

alot of SA spec 40/45's had no heater stock, but alot of them had AC.

Look at these 40's from Panama
http://panamoffroad.com/

no heaters

StanCruiserMan said:
The dash looks like what I would expect for the vintage. Don't know about the heater however. I've only seen 1960's models without the heater.

Landpimp said:
alot of SA spec 40/45's had no heater stock, but alot of them had AC.

Look at these 40's from Panama
http://panamoffroad.com/

no heaters
Without heaters how do you keep the windows from fogging? Is the ac hooked into the defrost duct?

I posted my rig in the owners post here thread.

heck if I know? but yeah the AC is prolly plumbed into the defrost

StanCruiserMan said:
Without heaters how do you keep the windows from fogging? Is the ac hooked into the defrost duct?

I posted my rig in the owners post here thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom