numbers of fj45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have the number of 45`s by year that was brought into the USA , I am want to know how many 1964 fj45 was brought into the USA?

There are some threads on that somewhere. You can search as I remember , they lumped all FJ45s and did not separate Short bed, long bed etc.. If Spector Off Road is correct, there were about 15,000 units sold over the production run , and that would be all variations. So, between the short , long, and wagon, if we speculated that would be 5000 units each. Of course one can be more , changing the ratio.

Land Cruiser Frame Numbers

There are some threads on that somewhere. You can search as I remember , they lumped all FJ45s and did not separate Short bed, long bed etc.. If Spector Off Road is correct, there were about 15,000 units sold over the production run , and that would be all variations. So, between the short , long, and wagon, if we speculated that would be 5000 units each. Of course one can be more , changing the ratio.

Land Cruiser Frame Numbers

Believe during 64 they started the year with the SWB fixed top and ended the year making SWB removable top.

Believe during 64 they started the year with the SWB fixed top and ended the year making SWB removable top.

In Australia we started seeing lwbs at the end of 64 too, I have the remains of possibility one of the last fixedtop's made 4-FJ45-16818 and it's a factory 116" long wheelbase, not dealer extended like most of The fixedtops downunder

In Australia we started seeing lwbs at the end of 64 too, I have the remains of possibility one of the last fixedtop's made 4-FJ45-16818 and it's a factory 116" long wheelbase, not dealer extended like most of The fixedtops downunder

I have a LWB that was manufactured 9/64. Was just pointing out 64 had four versions of 45s with the switch from fixed to removable top. In all my years around Land Cruisers have only come across one fixed top that the frame was extended in the US. Unlike Australia we only go the pickup/Ute and no traybacks. The one I seen lengthened had the bed extended. I have seen plenty of pictures of extended SWB in Australia. Probably because unlike the US Australia did not have three companies making trucks locally. The Land Cruiser Trucks we're a larger part of the market there as compared to the US where they were sold in small numbers compared to locally produced trucks that were available in LWB.

@Living in the Past Do you have any pictures of the extended bed ? I'm interested in how it would look,

The lwb fixedtop I have was manufactured 5/64 going by that chart, it has the same chassis as the early rht lwb's but with the 6 cab mounts that fixedtops have and matching cab and frame numbers,
So some of the very last fixedtops left factory in Japan as lwb's which I find interesting as I before this one I thought all fixedtops left the factory as swb's.
I also have 2 1963 dealer extended fixedtops aswell

What I was looking for is by year

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom