November ROTM 16-18 maybe 19th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Overlandeffex

SILVER Star
Threads
The ROTM for November is going to be to Old Dell mine area of Joshua Tree. Plan for three day trip with all off grid. Multiple camping spots with off-roading during the day.

Group 1 is leaving the San Diego area around 10ish and working our way to the camp spot through the Berdo Canyon route. Not sure actual time we will make it to the camp spot.

Group 2 and all others coming we can have you come in to the camp site via Gold Crown Rd and highway 62. Follow that until you find our camp spot which is going to Be the sunshine mine with California flag on it.

Via Google maps
Google Maps

Last edited:
This is remote BLM area with NO services.

Pinto Mountains Wilderness | BUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT

Here’s a couple of maps of the area. We can discuss more where to meet and what routes to take. The sun is going to be setting early so make sure to bring firewood to share.

1143B79B-AF4E-498F-BF06-C03F9879E8BA.jpeg
F56CEB14-ED0B-4F23-B12D-67C32EA23445.jpeg

KP and friends are in.
Love this location.
I imagine it's going to be pretty cold at night.

I've never been to Joshua Tree and this would a great trip especially going with you yahoos!! Seeing if I can make this work.

Depending on the group and when we depart to head up we can choose which route to take. Come in off hwy62 (Gold Crown Rd) or come in from I10 and enter the park through Berdoo Canyon. Coming through Berdoo Canyon will take us to Geology Tour loop in the park, then we would need to head east on Park Blvd to Pinto Basin Rd. Then east to Old Dale Rd.

If you’ve never driven through JTNP the Berdoo Canyon route gets you free entrance and exit from the park :poof:

Depending on the group and when we depart to head up we can choose which route to take. Come in off hwy62 (Gold Crown Rd) or come in from I10 and enter the park through Berdoo Canyon. Coming through Berdoo Canyon will take us to Geology Tour loop in the park, then we would need to head east on Park Blvd to Pinto Basin Rd. Then east to Old Dale Rd.

If you’ve never driven through JTNP the Berdoo Canyon route gets you free entrance and exit from the park :poof:

I'm going to have to google all this stuff. I'm not worried about paying park entry fees, I have a life time National Park Pass, for mentally disabled due to my Marine Corps days :hillbilly:

What day are you thinking about heading up?

Last edited:
The 16th :D

Alas I cannot make. I am pedaling for beer the 17th. Sigh.

Frank

I would really like to do this trip. Not sure I can make the 10 departure time on the 16th. Is anyone thinking about leaving later in the afternoon on the 16th?

Would like to make this but I have to sacrifice myself to drinking wine and beer with my wife in Solvang this weekend.

:princess: + :beer: = :cheers:

I would really like to do this trip. Not sure I can make the 10 departure time on the 16th. Is anyone thinking about leaving later in the afternoon on the 16th?
I can give directions for those coming in later if wanted. There’s no cell service out there so comms will be ham.

I am kicking myself in the rear for missing out on this one.
I would love to bring either one of my kids over (well behaved teenagers) but both of them have things to do over the weekend and I have to be with one of them just about the entire day on Saturday.

I need this so much. So sad. :bang:

So who all is confirmed going on this trip? I'm in!! Need to break in the new BFG KO2s!

The red arrow indicates where we are planning on base camping.
33°59'26.3"N 115°41'45.5"W
33.990645, -115.695978

Communication

2m: 146.490
CB: 22

IMG_2944_LI.jpg

Group 1 will be departing Escondido at 10am tomorrow morning and driving to 45601 Dillon Rd, Coachella, CA 92236 (Loves Gas Station) arriving around noon. From there we will drive Berdoo Canyon Rd, follow Berdoo Canyon to Geology Tour. East on Park Blvd to Old Dale Mine. North on Old Dale Mine to Sunset Mine.

Berdoo to Sunset Mine.JPG

For others coming in later:
Take hwy 62 east of Twentynine Palms to Gold Crown Rd. Head south on Gold Crown for 11.7 miles to the Sunset Mine. Hope to see you all out there.

Gold Crown to Sunset.JPG

Thanks for getting this handled @chap79. Hopefully coming home from the fire today so I can make the trip!

@chap79 Can I meet you somewhere in Escondido and follow you out?

How much wood do we need? I can load up the 100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom