November club meeting, Tuesday 16th at 7pm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SAS

Seeking higher vistas
Threads
Let's have a club meeting! It's been a long time, so let's do it!

Who: CLC members and guests (visitors are welcome, too)
What: club meeting
When: 7pm on Tuesday, November 16th
Where: Fireplace Warehouse, 1722 Paonia Street (east of Powers and just south of Palmer Park Blvd.) (thank you to @mountainmanryan for the meeting space)

Social time plus the business meeting to include upcoming events--trail ride in November, Christmas tree cutting support to Pikes Peak Ranger District (3 weekends!), Christmas Party, El Paso County Christmas for Kids, Denver annual Christmas Caravan for Kids.

I'll put together a Treasurer report--but that reminds me--if my memory is correct, we've had only 9 members pay dues in 2021. Get ahead of the curve, and pay your 2022 dues at this meeting or the Christmas Party (date TBD in early December).

Last thing--as a member club in the Colorado Association of 4WD Clubs (Colorado 4WD Association), we can nominate one of our club members for the Association's "4-Wheeler of the Year" award (clubs nominate by mid-December; the Association Board and member clubs vote by mid-January).

Hoping to make it out if not working late.

Reactions: SAS
Won’t be able to make it, unfortunately.

Is it to much to ask to post a quick, short summary (notes) of the meeting?
Yes.

haha, just kidding!

I'll post a meeting summary and send an email. On that point, if anyone didn't receive an email from me last week (meeting announcement), send me your email address in a private message so I can add you to the club distro list.

We had a successful meeting tonight, with 16 in attendance (and an especially strong showing from the 80-Series crowd!) It went a little into "overtime" but that's probably because we're rusty--having not had a "meeting" in months. Plus, we had a pretty full docket/agenda to discuss; but we think we are on a good path for the remainder of the year, and into 2022.

Old Business.
Jeremy gave us an overview on the 7-12 September group outing to the Silverton area.
Myself and Jeremy gave an overview on the 18 September loooooooooong day-trip to Crested Butte for the Keebler Pass/Schofield Pass color-run.

New Business.
Our annual support to Pikes Peak Ranger District is approaching--there will be three weekend dates:
Saturday & Sunday November 27-28
Saturday & Sunday December 4-5
Saturday & Sunday December 11-12
More details to follow in separate threads to be posted.

El Paso County "Christmas for Kids" is an annual program supported by several organizations, one being Colorado Springs Christian 4Wheelers (CSC4W). CSC4W works with the County Department of Human Services (DHS) to "sponsor" needy children and senior citizens to make Christmas & the holiday season a little less burdensome. See more details on a separate thread, but the idea is to buy a gift for a child and/or buy items to make a gift bag for a senior; package and/or wrap them, and deliver to the DHS collection point between 7am and 1pm on Sunday, December 12th.

(Denver) Lincoln Vo-Tech "Christmas Caravan for Kids" is an annual event where clubs come from all over Denver/the Front Range to deliver wrapped toys and presents for children. Car clubs, motorcycle clubs, 4x4 clubs--all kinds of clubs "caravan" to the site and I'm told it becomes quite the party atmosphere. This event conflicts with our "priority event" of supporting the USFS Christmas Tree cutting, but we're promoting it in case someone/several want to do this instead on Saturday, December 4th.

Each club in the Colorado 4WD Association can nominate one club member for the Association's 2021 4-Wheeler of the Year award. By December 20th, we can nominate a member and write a paragraph or two about accomplishments/achievements the nominee has made, or contributions to the greater 4x4 community. Club presidents (or delegate) will vote in early January to select a winner. So consider this, and if you want to make a nomination, do so at the club Christmas party.

The club Christmas Party will be 6pm-8pm at Rudy's BBQ on Tuesday, December 14th. Details will be posted to a separate thread.

2022 Trail Ride Calendar will be planned in early January, so think about the roads/trails that you'd like to run in 2022, and make suggestions in the separate thread to be posted. Also, two suggestions were made with respect to the calendar--one, include some options for Sunday day-trips; and two, add some relevant "hands on" topics to incorporate some training/education to our trail rides and/or monthly meetings schedule. Some topics suggested were: radio communications, recovery equipment and techniques, tools and kits to carry on the trail, etc. If you have additional suggestions, please make them known!

Next Trail Ride: Saturday, Nov 20th, China Wall
See details on a separate thread!

Treasurer Report: We talked about our balances, income and expenses so far in 2021. We'll send details and figures in an email.

Motion: Tracy buys door prizes for the Christmas party. All votes affirmative.

Motion: Founding members of Colorado Land Cruisers are exempt from paying annual dues. All votes affirmative.

Motion: adjourn meeting. All votes affirmative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom