Not the typical tire size question... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

little_joe

SILVER Star
Threads
...and I'll probably have my Land Cruiser card revoked, but this is gnawing at me.

The KZJ90 I bought has 265/75r16 tires. I understand 265/70r16 was stock, so these are 1" greater diameter. The front tires rub on occasion - not often, but going offroad is going to be a problem.

I have no interest in lifting the 90. Thus, I was thinking of going with 245/75r16. These would be the same diameter as the 265/70, but a full inch narrower. And the tires I'm looking at are 10-12 lbs per tire lighter then the 265/70's, so presumably slightly improved acceleration, braking, fuel economy. Plus, skinnier == cooler. :p

Any thoughts?

FWIW I don't intend to bash this thing offroad, just easy and moderate trails, forest roads, the beach.

I'd go with 235/85R16. Same diameter as the current ones, but way narrower. They should rub less or even stop rubbing completely, with decreased rolling resistance and increased fuel economy. And they look cool.

I'd go with 235/85R16. Same diameter as the current ones, but way narrower. They should rub less or even stop rubbing completely, with decreased rolling resistance and increased fuel economy. And they look cool.
Only issue with that is virtually every tire in that size is load range E. I have no desire whatsoever to run an E rated tire on this thing, that will kill the ride quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom