No volume/controls/rear DVD (SOLVED) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, new to the forum.

I’ve got a 2013 200 series and have lost all volume to the display including the “beep” when buttons are pressed. I’m also missing the rear DVD tab, and the roof unit will not turn on.

This happened to me once previously, however after removing and replacing the AMP1 and AMP2 fuses under the bonnet it started working again. I suspect an amp glitch, or connection issue as the fuses were not blown.

I recently remove the battery lead chasing a water leak (separate issue) which happened to be a windscreen leak down my RH (drivers side) A pillar. I had the A pillar trim removed along with the scuff plate and the kick panel cover. After reconnecting the battery, this is when I’ve lost audio function. I’ll list my troubleshoot so far in dot points below.

-disconnected battery leads.
-checked and replaced AMP fuses, and other multimedia/TV fuses I could find.
-checked Volume button function and steering wheel controls in the diagnostic menu. All tested GOOD.
-battery voltage GOOD.
-DVD player itself works, and display on front screen only (without audio)
-all other functions working as per normal.
-diagnostic results and MOST line check as below. I’m curious if there should be AMP and RSE on the system check screen? I can’t work from the troubleshoot guide if these results pin point to either the rear dvd unit or the amp as I’m aware that they are interconnected by the MOST network.

Possible issues:
-harness connector/plug that has been bumped during the kick panel/A pillar removal? I’m not sure which side the roof DVD unit runs down?

-Faulty amp, however I would’ve thought unlikely since it happened simultaneously with the battery disconnected, and since I’ve had the issue before and been able to reset is.

-Software glitch or malfunction. A module may need resetting?

-Issue at fuse box, although I believe it is unlikely, it seemed as though there was a poor connection where the AMP fuses are as removing and replacing fixed the issue last time.

Wondering what other checks I can perform? And if anyone knows if my system check/MOST line check points to anything in particular? Vehicle is booked into dealership this week, so not sure what they will find out.

Ps. I Havnt checked yet, but last time this happened it logged a code on the Gscan as B15d0 which couldn’t be cleared (until I replaced the AMP fuse), I dare say this code would’ve popped up again however not yet confirmed.

Any help or leads appreciated

Diagnostic results, top photo is the example from the Toyota troubleshoot guide:

0C8FC33A-AF0F-4DE8-8089-F8BE85272662.jpeg

After much frustration, it looks to have been linked to our recent water damage issue from a leaking windscreen. The lower plug in the right hand kick panel had corrosion which had caused a separate power window issue which was resolved. I pulled it apart again and gave it a clean up I have volume again! I understand there are some audio wires in this connector, which I beehive into pointing to in the photo causing the grief.

491AEA1F-2FA6-47B2-9CD4-552BEAC18E48.jpeg

I lose all sound occasionally. All stereo, no bluetooth phone, and the DSP is just a tab, no setting. After a restart, it comes back. Is this a similar fault.

This post saved me a bunch of money and more time!!!!
I had no sound and the DVD player would not open

It was the FL1 plug. It had gotten a little green death in the connector.

DeoxIT D5 for the win once again.

Thank you for everyone that has posted.

This post saved me a bunch of money and more time!!!!
I had no sound and the DVD player would not open

It was the FL1 plug. It had gotten a little green death in the connector.

DeoxIT D5 for the win once again.

Thank you for everyone that has posted.
Same here, no sound and rear player not recognized by head unit. Green pins in connector.

Is this connector on the passenger side kick panel? I have a 2016 with some electrical gremlins. Primarily the right screen does not display the movie and now the DVD player will not eject.

Is this connector on the passenger side kick panel? I have a 2016 with some electrical gremlins. Primarily the right screen does not display the movie and now the DVD player will not eject.
Driver side kick panel

What year? I’m having a no external system connection screen right now. I know the passenger side connector was wet. I’m going to clean it, I’ve never used DeoxIT. So dumb question, do you just spray it, let it dry over night and use a qtip to clean up the individual pins?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom