No Spark (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1970 FJ40 engine (original) was running real nice last week. Then one day it started to hesitate after it warmed up.
It finally stalled and now won't start. Gas tank full - new fuel. Carb window shows fuel midway. Poured a bit of fuel into carb anyway but did not fire at all.
Checked coil and condenser and ignition switch wire - all good.
Power to the coil - positive and negative terminal wires good. But no spark anywhere. Put a test light on negative battery terminal to negative distributor terminal (at condenser) and light stays on when cranking. Should blink as points open and close right?
Installed new coil. Engine fired once but not again. Checked for spark at plug. Cranked engine - plug sparked once - not again.
Engine was checked and tuned by professional shop last year. I don't drive it in the winter, and only once in a while in the summer. Truck was frame off restored and engine completely rebuilt in 2016. I am not a mechanic. I don't want to touch the carb or mess with the distributor or points if I can avoid it. They were adjusted and set last year and was running perfect. Is Pertronics electronic ignition an option?
I am stumped. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom