No rear brakes... Lspv diagnosis (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My wife 93 4runner isn't getting fluid to the rear brakes. The fronts are bleeding properly but very little fluid is coming out of the LSPV port that feeds the soft line that goes down to the axle. Fluid is bleeding from the LSPV bleeder but with a lot of air coming out as well.

Is there anything else that could cause these symptoms other than a bad LSPV valve?

My first impression is "big rear end lift kit without readjusting proportioning valve linkage at axle housing", this will deminish fluid flow to rear brakes. But then you mentioned air bubbles, which is either poor bleeding of air OR defective Prop. Valve?????

My wife 93 4runner isn't getting fluid to the rear brakes. The fronts are bleeding properly but very little fluid is coming out of the LSPV port that feeds the soft line that goes down to the axle. Fluid is bleeding from the LSPV bleeder but with a lot of air coming out as well.

Is there anything else that could cause these symptoms other than a bad LSPV valve?
Did you install any new brake components? Anything at all that would likely increase pressure on the master cylinder?

I made a bracket to compensate for the lift. I ruled out a MC bc the fluid is getting to the LSPV but not making it past it and going into the rear cylinders.

How do I go about diagnosing this? Should I pull the LSPV and blow air through it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom