no power in drive (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
posting for my son
Alright brains trust. Need some advice.

2006 100 1hd-fte. 320k on the clock. Been no dramas drove it last weekend. Drove fine.
Then moved the vehicle out of the car port for the day, yesterday When putting it back in i noticed i was stuck in limp mode or something. Can rev it up through the range in park. But when in drive cant get past 1000rpm. Brought the Gscan home to check for codes. Nothing.

Have had a look around underneath. no sings of dropping oil or leaking hoses om tamsmission cooler

Doesnt matter what gear im in L,2,3,D or R absolutely no power. Its almost as if you are in first but only allowing low revs

I do notice one hell of a clunk when putting into drive(like it's really trying to throw it in).

Ive checked all vacuum hose and that on my intake (have had one fall off before causing a lack of power, still able to drive it though just low boost pressure)

Got me absolutely stumped.

Will it move in D, just slow as rpm's won't go over 1000rpm? or doesn't even move?

Interesting.. My first suspect was the Fuel Injection Pump, but that would probably throw a check engine light...

sounds electrical. is the batt light on? im thinkig a "dying" alternator since you are able to start

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom