NO front brakes / NO fluid during bleed - I've searched and searched for the answer (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok Im bringing this thread back....
Im bledding my brakes and have done everything posted above...
Im finally getting fluid coming out of the calipers but as soon as I put the speed-bleeders back (they are brand new) I get no fluid coming out...
I get fluid coming out from the old bleeders but fluid just seems to come out due to gravity (no pumping actions noted).... it just drips slowly....
Im wondering if my MC is toast :confused::confused::confused:

I get fluid pumped out of the rear brakes but its rather a weak squirt :flipoff2: ....
I got lots of grime from the lines and the reservoir and I have used 3 bottles of brake fluid DOT 3.
All the fluid comes out nice and clean now...after working my way from the caliper all the way to the MC........ the pedal moves the fluid in the reservoir but not enough to get a pumping action at the end of the caliper...

Do you guys think that the brake booster needs to be operational?
As some of you know im in the middle of an engine swap and the truck has been sitting for over a year and I changed the brake lines about a month ago.
So the brake system has bee sitting dry for that month...would that make a difference with the brake booster/MC ??

Any info and advice is welcome and thanks in advance...

At this point Im thinking if I should get a repair kit for the MC or be better off getting the MC replaced ???

I hate rebuilt MC's. But there are others that have had some luck apparently.

When you bleed the brakes with speed bleeders, only have one nipple open at a time.
Pump it till the fluid runs out with no bubbles. if bubbles persist, start checking lines for leaks..

if you are using conventional bleeders, your second person will pup the brakes three times then hold pressure on the pedal. You will then crack the bleeder for a second or two. Just till the "squirt" begins to subside. Then tighten the nipple again to prevent air from getting back into the line/cylinder.

It really is not a horrible thing. If fluid is pumping, you are fine. if nothin, then something is clogged/leaking.

Hey Mace... Im not a big fun of rebuilt MC's either...

Yah, I had only one speed bleeder open at a time...
That's the thing, I pump and nothing comes out, but when I take the speed bleeder fluid flows out.

With conventional bleeders fluid comes out as soon as I open them (0ne at the time) but no pumping action noted...
I disassemble the front lines a second time from the caliper to the MC and also pushed some compressed air through the caliper and it looks like its all good....

Is now a good time to upgrade to a 4runner fj80 MC?
I did a thread search and found info on this upgrade...sounds like it is very popular and a one banana job....
I see Marlin Crawler and Ma-a-Fre both offer the MC upgrade............

LArger master is only worth it if you have done a rear disk brake conversion..

Do you guys think that the brake booster needs to be operational?

No. I just went through this myself and replaced all bleeders with speed bleeders. Not as much fluid comes out with them cracked as with the regular ones, but it should definitely squirt out nevertheless. My original right front bleeder was dry, but after removing it and giving the brakes a pump fluid appeared. I knew there was a pocket of air in my lines, and eventually heard it come out of the bleeder in the driver's rear. Be sure to tighten the speed bleeders up real tight, otherwise they will eventually leak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom