nicks in hub (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Do'in a disc brake conversion with fj60 stuff....I am tearing apart the 60 stuff to clean and I noticed nicks in the hub where the bearing race goes...my question is can those be sanded down?....how much will it affect the bearing race seating?

Thanks in advance, Brian

IM001365.JPG
IM001365.JPG

I'm not sure if this will be the consensus, but I'd sand/file the high spots and run it........

Tony

Don't do anything at all to it. You don't want remove any material from that area. You could potentially loosen the fit of the race. Those pits are the result of a punch or drift being used to install or remove the bearing races at some point. If you are not careful the side of the punch/drift hits the hub sometimes.

If these were made when the bearing was installed, there is actually no raised metal there now. Just depressions. The high points were pushed down when the bearing race slip over them on the way out. If they are the result of your recent removal, then there may be some high points there, but still no big deal. When you install the race, it will press them right down.

Leave them be and do not remove an material from the hub.

Mark...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom