newbie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,
I'm new to Ih8mud, I've had my 73 FJ40 for 11+ years now. I'm currently oversea with the Army Nat'l Guard and can't wait to get home and drive the Cruiser. A friend is doing some mods on the FJ40 while I'm gone and I'm excited about taking it on the trails in TN. I have 1 question for all the experts here. My friend suggested using a mini truck rear axle with the V6 third member. Is this as strong as the Cruiser axle? He has some great ideas, and this includes using the mini truck transfer cases (duals 2.28/4.70) and a mini front with hi pinion 80 third. I'm just concerned with the strength of the rear axle, everything else I'm okay with. Won't be able to use the mini transfer with the Cruiser axle so some regrouping may be needed. I'm open to any opinions and advise. Thanks, reading these threads help get me through the time here. Later, Steve.

Welcome
Thank you for your service.
The LC axle is stronger I believe. Others with more experience with the mini will chime in I am sure.
Lastly, stay safe and the standard Mudd welcome :flipoff2:

Steve...

keep your head down and powder dry.

:flipoff2: welcome

~and~

Thank you for your service.

WRT your axel query, I am axel challenged. Hell I can't even spell axle right. Sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom