Newbie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello All,

I just joined the forum (after lurking here for a few days:eek: ). I've been really impressed with the content, character, and members of the forum thus far. I've read some great posts and gained quite a bit of knowledge. I was introduced to this site by a couple of the active members of Cotton Land Cruisers......Brian and Ashley, whom I met at my workplace. If all of the members of CLC are half as nice and interesting as the two I have already met, this is definately an awesome group. I look forward to speaking with others more about info. and outings and hope that I can possible meet others in person at upcoming events and gatherings.:)

Sincerely,:cheers:
Scott
(beevo)

Welcome,
What you driving?:cheers:

Been into domestic fullsize rigs and Jeeps :)o dirty four letter word here??:eek: ) lately, but hold no malace toward any make or model.....as long as they are cool either in stock form or modified. Have been looking into the Toy market as of late, but have not found a suitable candidate as of yet.

I recently owned (and have since sold) a 1981 CJ-7 that I rebuilt from ground-up with a Chevy V8 conversion, T-176/Dana 300, Dana 30/1-piece AMC 20, 7" lift, shackle reversal, 4.56:1 gears and 35" BFG MTRs.

I currently have and am finishing a build on a 1989 Chevy K-5 Blazer with 350 w/ Holly TBI, 700R4/NP241, 6" lift, Dana 60F/Corp. 14 bolt full floater with 4.56:1 and Detroit in rear (axles came from a Chevy CUUCV 1 1/4 ton military truck) and 35x12.50x16.5 BFG MTRs.

Hope this doesn't exhile me before I even get started here:rolleyes:

Thanks for the welcome.

beevo

Last edited:
Jeeps are cool in my book. I've had a few: 1979 Grand Woody, 46' CJ2, 53' CJ3, 1990 Cherokee, 93' Cherokee, 89' Wrangla, and an M715 military 1.25 ton. The older, the better. I will say that the Toyotas really impress me, though. The reliability and build quality is amazing- again, the older, the better, it seems.

I would love a CJ with a GM conversion. Got pics?

Scott glad to see you found our corner!

You will notice.....we may heckle you a bit about having a J%%P but its all in good fun!;p

Go to the top of the forum & sign up for the Cruiser Crawl in October 13-15th.
Show up at our monthly meeting the first tuesday at Left field-6pm till......:beer:

Oh yea....for your lawn & garden needs Scott is the man!:grinpimp:

Sadly!!! No pics of the CJ in my possession. A bud of mine has some shots of it that he took alongside his lifted '93 Wrangler. I'll try to get some and post them.

The V8 swap went well. I did all of the work myself. The Tremac 176 four speed has a Chevy splined input shaft. I bought a conversion bellhousing from Avanced Adaptors, used a Chevy clutch and pressure plate with AMC throw out bearing, and it went right in. I bought the weld-in, fully adjustable engine mounts from Advanced Adaptors and Hooker makes some sweet JetHot headers for the application. Topped a stock 350 off with Edelbrock performer intake, carb, and camshaft, added an Proform HEI distributor and she would cook. I ran a stock fan and waterpump, but added two auxillary pushing fans for traffic/trail use.

With 4.56s and 35s, this thing was awesome to drive. It ran out at about 2800 @ 65-70mph. The power to weight ratio made it amazingly strong. Low range was crawling on the trails and on the street it would actually burn 'em down in first and second and scratch 3rd. I got some dirty(and confused) looks from 5.0 Mustangs from light to light......not to mention a whole lot of questions.

I will own another one some day.

beevo

Hey Brian, I was wondering what your login name was on here.

Thanks for the welcome.:) And yes, I can stand a little heckling.....just a little.;p

I will try to make some arrangements to make it to the Cruiser Crawl in October. I will definately mark my calender for the next monthly meeting. I would love to meet (and share a few drinks):beer: with you Ashley, and the rest of the CLC gang.

I used to frequent Left Field every Wednesday following my night class at Belhaven, but that's been a while. I'm sure my nose can trail the barley and hops scent and help me find my way back.:cheers:

Scott

white4x4,

I saw the pics from the Laurel ride that you linked on your post. It looked like you all had a blast! I would definately like to get in on some of that the next time you all plan an outing.

It has been so difficult to find public landuse areas for ORV use in MS. I think if more dedicated and responsible people get involved in offroading and make it as full of pride, heritage and tradition as possible, there may one day be more public awareness and more openings granted in this state and others.

beevo

come on over to http://mississippi-mud.com and register or you wont be able to view anything. we have two rides scheduled next month. one to laurel on the 17th and to yazoo on the 23rd. the one to yazoo is more a social get together wither a little weelen. laurel we wheel most all day.

white4x4,

I think that I actually have the 17th of September off (I work in retail.....corporate scheduling.....:mad: ). I may actually be able to make it to the outing in Laurel.

Please keep me posted on the plans as the weeks progress.

Thanks,
beevo

Sorry to hear that man!:frown: You never know....things may change between now and then. Just in case....who else would I need to contact for information on the ride for the 17th of September in Laurel???

Thanks,
beevo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom