Newbie Question (1 Viewer)

I am quite new to the LC world and 1/4 of :banana: when it comes to being a mechanic.

I was looking under my 94 Landcruiser this afternoon and noticed that a bolt with a rubber piece on it was leaking grease. The bolt is located at the rear wheel passenger side next to the wheel. Should I be concerned? Is it difficult to fix? :confused:
DSC07237.jpg
DSC07238.jpg

The grease should not be a problem on the sway bar link. Does not appear to be a zerk fitting on it unless it is snapped off.
Would not loose any sleep over it at this point.

The grease should not be a problem on the sway bar link. Does not appear to be a zerk fitting on it unless it is snapped off.
Would not loose any sleep over it at this point.

The OEM fittings don't have a zirk.

It's a sealed unit. The boot is probably split somewhere, and grease is leaking out.

Needs to be replaced at some point, but I wouldn't be in a mad rush to do it.

Thanks for the clarification Ebag333. Do I have to replace the whole swaybar end link or can I just replace the boot?

I believe you have to replace the entire end. Cdan would know (and have the right prices as well).

Some people have had luck getting a needle grease fitting and squirting grease into the boot (via the hole already there), then sealing it up with some RTV sealant of something similar. (Duct tape for a redneck fix. :hmm: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom