Newbie 2-B (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, I am looking at buying a 99 100 with 95k miles on it, and wanted to solicit the experts advice on anything I should be looking out for. It has a strange pulsing in the steering wheel only between 60-70 mph. It also pulses when the brakes are applied. The stealer said one of the front rotors is warped, and one of the tires is "out of round" causing the above. Also the CV boots are "weeping". Other than that the body is straight, undercarriage looks good, paint is good, and the interior is good with the exception of a tear on the drivers seat leather and some of the plastic crap is scratched. Price is 17k. Anything to be alarmed about or to look for here? Thanks in advance for any and all advice!

Good places to start ...

Newbie Guide

100 FAQ

Check the manifolds for cracks/leaks and do an inspection looking for flood/hurricane damage. The truck is probably due for the 90k service that can run $600-800 so find out if it is due and get it factored into the price.

Make sure to try all the electric windows and sunroof.

Did you get a carfax? They don't always help but can't hurt.

Welcome to the board.

Thanks for the input, did the carfax, came out clean. Its an AZ truck, so no rust or water damage. Hadnt thought about the 90k service, so I will go research that and see how much I can do myself. Thanks again for the feedback!

You can also check each body panel for a VIN sticker to see if any were replaced.

Sounds like it needs new tires. Good and bad there. Good- you get to pick the best tires for your uses. Bad - Tires, especially the ones you'll want, are pricey. ($600-800) Do not let the dealer put on the new tires. Take it with what it has and get the tires you want later after you fix the front end issues. Make sure to operate the center-diff/rear locker (on a dirt road) and Low gear during a test drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom