Newbe sort of

Hi everone
Been on this Forum many times, never had the guts untill now to get involved. Feel that I need to give something back for all the help and insight in a FJ40 purchase and restoration. Wish I would have know about Mud I would have done things different. I bought 66 FJ40 283
3 speed only thing converted was the 283 install and bucket seats.
What sold me on the rig was it was completly rust free and had factory PTO Winch ( They look cool but are a pain to work around ) Can't do the Saginaw PS , will have to go Scout or Mini Truck . Im in the process of new 350 crate motor 4 speed trans install , get rid of the Vaccume shift alltough it seems to work . Im not a young buck
anymore but allways wanted a FJ should have bought one new
back in the 70's would still have it today and the work would have been done... I might have sold it if not for some of the posts on this forum , I have felt the pain both financialy and finding the time to work on it like most guys who own one. Thanks again Will send pics when I figure it out

Hey....Got sidtracked need to get back to it, Pics need to be re-sized . Been working on V8 adapter kit I both on Craigslist new everthing including 78 4 speed trans and 73 TC, .It has a AA TC adapter for the 16 spline Trans , problem is the kit does not use the PTO gear, well I have PTO winch. Have to tear down the TC and install a 16 spline PTO gear.. How is your project ?
Name is Roy 57 and a whole lot more ( I hope )
Will work on the Pics . Thanks for the reply !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom