Newb with an 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,
I picked up this '91 in Denver about 1.5 months ago. It's got a 5.7 and a 4l60e from a 99 Suburban transplanted into it. The guy I bought it from purchased it from whomever did the swap in 2010. He kept great records of what he had done maintenance-wise, but didn't really know much about the truck. He didn't really strike me as a car guy. Anyhoo, it seemed to be a pretty solid swap, aside from a little problem which led to a bigger problem. The trans cooler lines were spliced together in a rather cheesy fashion, which caused them to pop off when my wife was driving and I was out of town. One tow, and a pretty cheap repair, and I thought we were back in business. It then happened a week later to me (the guy who fixed it didn't check for other suspect splices). I fixed it with a couple of compression fittings, but it turns out that the 3-4 clutch is toast now. A rebuilt 4l60e is easy enough to find, but I'm thinking of going with a 5 speed from a GM. My question (I've tried searching but seem to not be looking for the right term) is where would be a good place to find a pedal box for the 80? Also, on the off chance that anyone recognizes this Cruiser and can point me towards more info on it, that would be incredible. The guy I bought it from referenced this forum a couple of times.
Thanks,
Ross
cruiser.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Pics would help? Is it the black one? Thought that one was in NE though.

You may be able to source a JDM pedal bucket from a vendor here. Akella is one and Dave in Japan is another (looking for his mud name). Also might have some luck lookin for some other manual conversions to see what they used and where it was sourced. Perhaps a domestic pedal bucket could even be utilized.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom