Newb 60 Series Question before fast purchase (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I briefly looked at a 60 series today and if it all checks out when I go back I will probably make an offer on it.

I know I can probably get it painted in the $2-3K range but my questions are on trim.

I see most things are available on the interwebs but I noticed the rain-rails on this one are a little dented up. Is that available or easily fixed?

Also, importantly how much are you guys spending to completely buy new trim and seals? This one was in the desert and still with original paint but the trim is all faded or cracking including grill and bumper ends. I can paint black what I need to that was originally black with SEM trim black as needed instead of replacing.

Also, I found an ARAKAWA AUTO BODY tag on the bottom of the passenger door. I looked it up and this is original and looked that way. Where else can I find these? If I can find them all that would be a good sign it was never wrecked as I just want to do a typical 2nd paint job on this and re-trim it out.

Rain rails not available new or easily fixed. Might find some used ones here and there. ebay and car-part.com All the panels did not come with that Arakawa sticker from the factory, passenger door and hood only I think. No body panels available from Toyota.

Check the 60 section for more info on where and what to look for. If the rain rails are dented then the sealant in them may be compromised. If this is near the drivers door/A-pillar then that is a PROMINENT place for leaks to happen with the windshield, easily determined by seeing if the drivers floorboard is wet or gets wet when it rains or you wash the truck.

How bad are the dents in the railing? Take some pics and post up in the 60 section and we can help out. Those being dented raises some questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom