New To Me M-416

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey All,

Meet the latest addition to the collection. :). Built in 1965...need to clean off the plate to see the other details.

M416_TRAILER_1.JPG

M416_TRAILER_2.jpg

M416_TRAILER_3.JPG
M416_TRAILER_1.JPG
M416_TRAILER_2.jpg
M416_TRAILER_3.JPG

Here are some more pics. Needs to be blasted and painted but pretty solid all around.

M416_TRAILER_4.JPG

M416_TRAILER_5.jpg
M416_TRAILER_4.JPG
M416_TRAILER_5.jpg

took it to the car wash today and blasted the flaking paint off of it. Got the tub off to see how the frame is looking. So far I"m pretty stoked.

M416_TRAILER_6.JPG

M416_TRAILER_7.JPG

M416_TRAILER_8.JPG

Happy Mom's day.
M416_TRAILER_6.JPG
M416_TRAILER_7.JPG
M416_TRAILER_8.JPG

beautiful !! I'm looking forward to how this turns out... which canoe is that in the background? looks Kevlar.

dan

nice looking trailer---looks solid

love how the trailer gets more attention than the more valuable canoe.

congrats on both. looking forward to the trailer build writeup.

got a quote for sand blasting...260. Does that seem like a reasonable number? I'm going to shop around some more.

got a quote for sand blasting...260. Does that seem like a reasonable number? I'm going to shop around some more.

I got mine blasted and primed for $300.

I got a very good price on sandblasting - $100. Kid does it on the side with his dad's gear. As soon as it stops raining, I get to go pick it up. But I also asked that it just be cleaned up for painting, not taking everything to bare metal. I would've considered it a good price at twice the cost, so planning to include a tip if it looks good.

Updates coming soon. It's off getting stripped and ready for paint. Got some rust bullet for the base coats.

Last edited:
paint

Well, finally got around to painting it. No crazy buildup for this one (at least not yet), but wanted to clean it up and get some paint on it. Using rust bullet with a brush..goes on kinda sloppy but it will be good. Didn't get it blasted but had a local guy on C-list strip it.

Not sure what colors I will go with for the final coat.

M416_Paint_1.jpg

M416_Paint_2.jpg

M416_Paint_3.jpg
M416_Paint_1.jpg
M416_Paint_2.jpg
M416_Paint_3.jpg

Great progress!!

Nothing better than a nice clean slate.

Good luck with it!!:beer:

Pat

thank you sirs! I did some touch up last night and put a second coat on the body....I think I have everything covered pretty well.

I have been looking around at pics of different color schemes and I kinda like the all silver look. Here's a 101cdn that is all silver:

main.php

I do have some rattle cans of camo flat green and some flat black, but I might just leave it silver and paint the rims black.

New tires and hardware on the way. Got some napa shocks for replacement.

Last edited:
^^that's not my trailer...was just saying that this is an example of a silver trailer.

I got some work done on the trailer this weekend. have a ittle bit of touch-up to do with the paint and then some wiring for the new LED lights. So far all is going smoothly.

M416_TRAILER_9.jpg

M416_TRAILER_10.jpg

M416_TRAILER_11.jpg
M416_TRAILER_9.jpg
M416_TRAILER_10.jpg
M416_TRAILER_11.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom