New to forums (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys and gals. I've finally decided to make an account on here to finally keep all my vehicles pics and info in one solid place. I currently have 2 97 lx450s. A black one that's my daily non locked. The second lx is locked but has a bad motor. I currently have a spare motor that I'm about to rebuild and drop in the locked truck and hopefully make a solid rig out of it. The plan is to use the site to keep track of what I do and plan to do. As well as hopefully get some real solid advice/guidance. Plenty to come as funds allow.

20190831_111524.jpg

20190831_111814.jpg

20191004_141549.jpg

Welcome from the Eastern corner of TN. Nice looking 80s and I love the pictures of the river. I spent a lot of time on the MS just South of Memphis growing up and your first picture particularly brings a lot of good memories back. I look forward to hearing how your locked 80 handles some of the mud around there, should you get into it. In my years of running around in hunting rigs in your area I never encountered a locked diff., except for the welded diff model T with angle-iron tires but that doesn't count, and I'm curious how the lockers may help in the gumbo. In any case, welcome and share more area footage if you get the chance.

Welcome from the Eastern corner of TN. Nice looking 80s and I love the pictures of the river. I spent a lot of time on the MS just South of Memphis growing up and your first picture particularly brings a lot of good memories back. I look forward to hearing how your locked 80 handles some of the mud around there, should you get into it. In my years of running around in hunting rigs in your area I never encountered a locked diff., except for the welded diff model T with angle-iron tires but that doesn't count, and I'm curious how the lockers may help in the gumbo. In any case, welcome and share more area footage if you get the chance.
Thanks tbh I doubt it will handle the gumbo great. Most of these lake beds and lower areas are just plain hell. I lived in knoxville for a year and loved it over there. Ideally I'd like to make a solid rig that can get me away from the mud and hit a bunch of the east tn and west arkansas trails before gradually spreading my wings across the country as time permits.

welcome, hope you are able to take advantage of the wealth of knowledge stored here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom