New to Forum - Owner 1989 JF62 - Need paint job! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good afternoon! I am new to this forum and an owner of an 1989 FJ62. Here is a picture! I have had her since early '90s. Put new engine in last year and converted to manual transmission. I am currently looking for a painter as I need a new paint job. Paint isn't horrible on body but hood is bad so I would rather just paint entire thing. I am looking for any recommendations around the Atlanta area (or I will even travel as it has been that hard to find someone).
Land Cruiser.jpg

Good afternoon! I am new to this forum and an owner of an 1989 FJ62. Here is a picture! I have had her since early '90s. Put new engine in last year and converted to manual transmission. I am currently looking for a painter as I need a new paint job. Paint isn't horrible on body but hood is bad so I would rather just paint entire thing. I am looking for any recommendations around the Atlanta area (or I will even travel as it has been that hard to find someone). View attachment 3128067
I have an 88, same color. I had a local body shop paint a new to me, used back hatch, mine was too rusty. I asked if they would fix rust and paint the body, the answer was no. They focus on newer cars. Anyway yours looks good, rust wise anyway. I'm going to do the rust repair and body and paint myself. We have a full size paint booth i can use at the cabinet shop i work at. I don't know anybody in that area but good luck. Are you going with the same color?

I have an 88, same color. I had a local body shop paint a new to me, used back hatch, mine was too rusty. I asked if they would fix rust and paint the body, the answer was no. They focus on newer cars. Anyway yours looks good, rust wise anyway. I'm going to do the rust repair and body and paint myself. We have a full size paint booth i can use at the cabinet shop i work at. I don't know anybody in that area but good luck. Are you going with the same color?
Yeah I was planning on same color. There is no rust. However, if I don't get the hood painted soon there will be. Where are you in FL? I have a place in Santa Rosa Beach.

Yeah I was planning on same color. There is no rust. However, if I don't get the hood painted soon there will be. Where are you in FL? I have a place in Santa Rosa Beach.
No, I'm in the Idaho panhandle. I'm trying to decide on the color for mine. I have to make a decision, I've got the body off now and want to do the engine bay while I'm swapping to the vortec.

Hi, Rarely is a non original paint job worth as much as keeping the original color. I have 3 that color,We get compliments weekly sometimes several times a week.My 2 cents.

Make sure you redo the seam sealer in the gutters. 90% of these things have rust starting along the gutters because of cracked gutter seam sealer letting water into the a/b/c pillars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom