New suspension (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.badlandsexpeditions.wordpress.com
I had the new OME suspension, front bumper, winch and 40 gallon aux tank. I had the 1300lbs springs fitted to the rear . I figured with a 40 gallon gas tank loaded back and trailer tongue weight I'd go with the heaviest springs .

Headed out for a long trip tomorrow. I'm sure the springs will settle in a it.

If not, what spacers are recommended ?

These Part# OME95F5 - Trim Spacers - Optional 5mm spacers do not offer much lift. Less than an inch.

Thanks

200 Series.jpg

Perhaps the Toyota OEM Coil Spacer 43136-60020 might work? 10mm spacer= 20mm (.79") of lift. I use it with my stock suspension to level it out.

I had the new OME suspension, front bumper, winch and 40 gallon aux tank. I had the 1300lbs springs fitted to the rear . I figured with a 40 gallon gas tank loaded back and trailer tongue weight I'd go with the heaviest springs .

These Part# OME95F5 - Trim Spacers - Optional 5mm spacers do not offer much lift. Less than an inch.

Thanks

View attachment 2162948

You mention the “heaviest” springs.
Do you mean OME 2725 rear coil springs...(OME’s heaviest spring)?

If so, those are going to be reeeally stiff in back.

Even with my massively-heavy rig with 15 gallons water, propane, heavy drawers, Slee rear bumper, 24 gallon tank, massive skid plates, sliders, full fridge, gear and 35’s(8000lbs+)...2725 coil springs were too stiff. I dropped down to 2724’s and I’m much happier.

You mention the “heaviest” springs.
Do you mean OME 2725 rear coil springs...(OME’s heaviest spring)?

If so, those are going to be reeeally stiff in back.

Even with my massively-heavy rig with 15 gallons water, propane, heavy drawers, Slee rear bumper, 24 gallon tank, massive skid plates, sliders, full fridge, gear and 35’s(8000lbs+)...2725 coil springs were too stiff. I dropped down to 2724’s and I’m much happier.

Yes the OME 2525 springs.

We drove over 500 miles yesterday . We were loaded up with 60 gallons of gas and packed with stuff. I did not find the ride stiff at all.

The springs are cheap enough and easy to replace if needed like you did.

Last edited:
Yes the OME 2524 springs.

We drove over 500 miles yesterday . We were loaded up with 60 gallons of gas and packed with stuff. I did not find the ride stiff at all.

The springs are cheap enough and easy to replace if needed like you did.

Ah. Great. You said the “heaviest...” which would be 2725’s.. . Good that you did 24’s instead.

Typo

I have the OME 2725. I'm sure once I get loaded and hitch up the trailer it will be just fine. Going to do the Camino Del Diablo in Feb so that will be a good test.

Thanks

View attachment 2162948

I'm selling my used 10mm spacers. DM if interested.

I'm selling my used 10mm spacers. DM if interested.
Ok thanks. Is my understanding correct in 10 mm spacers give you 20 mm lift?

I got closer to an inch but it probably varies a little from LC to LC. The only additional weight I have on my rig are my BB sliders.

The spacers were my band-aid to reduce the rake until I pulled the trigger on suspension. The new suspension removed any rake and also gave me the overall clearance I wanted.

I am curious- why did you decide to remove the spacers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom