New Stock Interior carpet (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just received my new Stockinteriors.com carpet. The previous owner removed the OEM carpet so I am wondering if the heater under the passenger seat sat on top of carpet or the carpet was cut around it? Its a 91 FJ80.

IMG_0715.jpeg

IMG_0714.jpeg

Cut around it. (I have my carpet out for cleaning and took some pictures to remember how it goes.)

20211023_133942.jpg

Screenshot_20211209-214505_Video Player.jpg

20211023_133945.jpg

20211023_133956.jpg

The stock carpet comes with every opening either cut or in the case of the under seat heater, almost precut. It was super convenient to simply lay the carpet down and have every hole line up. I priced the stock interior carpet and their high end carpet was the same price as the oem carpet so I bought oem.

The stock carpet comes with every opening either cut or in the case of the under seat heater, almost precut. It was super convenient to simply lay the carpet down and have every hole line up. I priced the stock interior carpet and their high end carpet was the same price as the oem carpet so I bought oem.
Wish I had known that. Darn.

Wish I had known that. Darn.
The oem carpet is just the front part. It’s not a 5 piece set which the other 4 pieces are no longer available. The oem single piece is more expensive than the stock interiors 5 piece set ultra plush cutpile with mass backing. So if you went with the oem route you will have to get an upholsterer to match the the oem as best as possible for the 4 other pieces and still pay for it.

The oem carpet is just the front part. It’s not a 5 piece set which the other 4 pieces are no longer available. The oem single piece is more expensive than the stock interiors 5 piece set ultra plush cutpile with mass backing. So if you went with the oem route you will have to get an upholsterer to match the the oem as best as possible for the 4 other pieces and still pay for it.
That makes me feel better. I do like the quality of the stockinteriors. I got the mass backing with mine. Can't wait to get it in the truck.

That makes me feel better. I do like the quality of the stockinteriors. I got the mass backing with mine. Can't wait to get it in the truck.
That is correct, in my case I have a fridge slide in the back and the area is covered up so the 3/4 carpet was fine for me. I found the OEM wheel area carpet pieces at a junkyard for $25, a little oxiclean and a brush had them looking identical to the new OEM carpet. The toyota dealer was shocked when he found the carpet was still available, he didn't think it was. I paid $700 for the 3/4 carpet.

That is correct, in my case I have a fridge slide in the back and the area is covered up so the 3/4 carpet was fine for me. I found the OEM wheel area carpet pieces at a junkyard for $25, a little oxiclean and a brush had them looking identical to the new OEM carpet. The toyota dealer was shocked when he found the carpet was still available, he didn't think it was. I paid $700 for the 3/4 carpet.
I paid $500 for the whole set with mass backing. Crazy that OEM cost. I am about to spend a bunch on OEM belt moulding. Ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom