New starter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I bought a new starter today. Ended up with this monster! Either I had the wrong one in there from the po or the parts guys have me the wrong one. Any thoughts?

1415406377020-947010601.jpg

The top one is OEM, bottom is gear reduction, aftermarket.

Kinda what I thought. It's like dealing with monkeys at the parts houses around here. I wish there was a "real" Napa near me, not these riebes disasters

Yea I know what you mean, if its not in the computer your out of luck around here too. I've wasted so much time driving around looking for parts around here.

Don't blame the parts guys. They gave you what your vehicle originally came with .
The PO put in the newer gear reduction starter-which is what you want, IMO.

So take it back and ask for a starter for an 84 Landcruiser.

On this instance your right, I told them 1979 when it needed to be 83 to get the gear reduction. It's just tough when most of the part numbers floating around on Mud are Napa numbers which they just give me that deer in the headlights look. Even though they are a Napa distributor :/

i have never walked into any auto parts store with a part no .i tell them the vehicle and they give me the parts.you can look at the picture on the computer to make sure the part is right before you leave the store or open the box .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom