New Shoes...Boots... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice. you won't regret going to a 315. the perfect tire for an 80. You will will be the first person i know of that has a set of the new designed MTRs. How much noise do they make on the rode?

Not much at all...there is a slight hum below 20...but, once over it fades away...I would compare them to the BFG's as far as road "noise"...

- Mark

Toyo Open Country MT's...but, they were much heavier, more expensive, and from my understanding a bit louder on the daily commute...

- Mark

What?! Toyo's were more expensive than the Wranglers? Holy crap. Where does KM2's fit into that price?
Toyo's are on every big-stupid-truck in Auburn rolling 20's... i just assumed they were cheap... i mean, not cheaper than Buckshots... but cheaper than MTR or KM2's

What?! Toyo's were more expensive than the Wranglers? Holy crap. Where does KM2's fit into that price?
Toyo's are on every big-stupid-truck in Auburn rolling 20's... i just assumed they were cheap... i mean, not cheaper than Buckshots... but cheaper than MTR or KM2's

I have found that the KM2, Toyo MT and GYear MTR Kevlar all run close together. When the GY MTR-K first came out they were running higher than the others. There are not as many people selling the Toyo so i would think that the seller would have them priced higher.
You picked a good time to buy. All the tire manufactures are going up in June.

figured you fer Crocks :lol

I have found that the KM2, Toyo MT and GYear MTR Kevlar all run close together. When the GY MTR-K first came out they were running higher than the others. There are not as many people selling the Toyo so i would think that the seller would have them priced higher.
You picked a good time to buy. All the tire manufactures are going up in June.

you trying to tell me something? :D

How much we talking here? 10 % ?

figured you fer Crocks :lol

you trying to tell me something? :D

How much we talking here? 10 % ?

Not sure about Goodyear. But Bridgestone/Firestone is 5%.

Cooper says they are going up but have not announced a number. They are having MAJOR supply problems. They are selling them as quick as they make them. So I bet they go up 5 to 8%.

I have been told Michelin/BFG will be 5 to 8%

True it seems to be a every 6 month thing on the 5% to 10% rise in prices on tires at the current market climate.

MTR's are a sweet tire and Toyo really really are proud of their rubber.

I would like to say I planned this as the perfect time to buy...but, then I would have to say I planned to break both of my legs...which gave me way too much time to think about stuff to do to my truck...oh well...

Cheers.

- Mark

Ask Chris how long they will last... I have taken several beatings for how old the MT-Rs on my rig are (almost 8 years). I say screw em'. I like your style there Mark!

Later,

Ask Chris but I think you have to mount them white letter out if youwant them to last 8 years.

Now yall are on the right track! White letters out is my only hold on the old muscle car need I have.

Now yall are on the right track! White letters out is my only hold on the old muscle car need I have.

All you need is a mullet and your ensemble will be complete!
:grinpimp:

Just don't go full Joe Dirt, maybe half, but not full.

Crap...mine don't even have white letters...I guess I will be going slow and won't get that 18mpg I have heard the white letters also deliver...and unfortunately any semblance of a mullet is no where in my future...

After I get fired in a few weeks I will start the mullet growth. Should be fun.

After I get fired in a few weeks I will start the mullet growth. Should be fun.

I think you want to get fired.
Start putting tags on all those pipes and hoses out there at the base.
And shine those boots Airman!!

Tony and I are workin' as hard as we can. I'll try not to get fired but it wouldn't hurt my feelings too bad if I did. The place aint what it used to be.