New seat options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys new here but wasn't able to find an answer. I have a 1970 fj40 and am looking for new front and matching back seats. It's not a snow car, I just want something comfy for the family to ride around with me in. All I've been able to find are other years not sure why 70 seems impossible to find, what even is the differences?? Thank you for the help!!

70 model had a number of changes during the model year. But finding seats that fit should be wider than just 1970. Only difference I can think of in mounting it the back right leg change at some point. I know my 10/69 which is an earlier 70 model used the same front seats as my 9/67 68 model. Jump seats changed during that time and used a single bolt instead of two at each mounting location. Early in 1970 the release handle changed on the front seats. There is also a split back on the passenger seat that may have been there. These was for an emissions tank. Never figured out when that actually started and it it was all 50 states that early. 72 all had them. Earlier were mixed. May have been on California model.

I added Pro Cars Pro 90‘s to my 78’, they were a reasonably priced and are close to the look of the original Here is.a side by side with the factory driver, they also have a no headrest option if you want the early look. In the adapter brackets they listed to fit the 70-73version.

As far as rear seats go there are a couple of fold and tumble options for Jeeps, not sure anything is going to be a match perfectly, for that you would need an upholstery shop to recover them, but the factory jump seats didn’t match initially.
IMG_6918.jpeg

If you're okay with a rear bench seat instead of the folding jump seats, Corbeau offers some seating options that you can match fabrics between the front seats and the rear bench.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom