New rust preventive coating? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been getting my POR-15 supplies from the Porstore, Valparaiso, IN, which is close to home so I usually get overnight delivery (free shipping over $100) and their prices are same as everybody elses. Today I got an email with info on some new stuff from KBS Coatings that they're now handling. I've only glanced at it but it looks like POR-15 under another name. Anybody heard of or tried the stuff?

http://www.kbs-coatings.com/

Pete

Have not tried it. Heard about it last Friday from a guy who has also created a rust converter coating. Tim was telling me about the product and how it compared to his. It is still an acid base in the second step. He had some good things to say about it but it is acid based and requires the three step products available from that company.
I picked up samples of Tims product--cant recall the product name as he is using mostly a number system at present. It is water base, has no acids or other harmful content. Prep is a good cleaning of scale rust and a degrease. The rust converter can be brushed or sprayed on, and it can be top coated with any type of paint. One sample was going to a large chemical company for their consideration. Email and phone number available.
Didnt mean to hijack your thread, but thought if you were searching for a good rust converter, I could point you toward another new one that is safer than most.

KBS Coatings

Pete, KBS and POR-15 are most definitely NOT the same products. Here's what I've been told, "About a year ago, POR-15 decided they no longer needed or wanted small distributors like PORSTORE or others, and elected to replace them with a large national distributor. Despite the fact that these "little guys" were the people representing the product at car show and such for years and years. So, a few of these castaways have banded together to create a product superior to Por, and have launched KBS Coatings." Just another case of the big guy stepping on the little guy, and forgetting who brought them to the dance.

I couldn't find a datasheet when I looked on the site. I wouldn't buy a coating that I couldn't get a datasheet for, as I wouldn't know what I was really getting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom