New member with '17 LX 570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone. Purchased a new 2017 LX 570 a few months back and immediately switched out the 21" wheels for the current model year 20" wheels with BFG 275/60R20 D rated tires. Very pleased with the change. I don't have plans to do any other significant mods but am tempted by the Tembo fuel tank.

I'm heading to Telluride in a couple of weeks and will search these forums to find some trails I can drive, ideally without scratching or denting the body.

And yes, my LX regularly goes off-road around my mini Texas ranch. When I purchased this vehicle at the dealership and they asked me why I was interested in a LX, I told them I needed something that can go off-road. The saleman's eyes nearly popped out of his head and he told me he's not aware of any customers going off-road!

DSC_0199s.jpg

Congrats ! the tires really help transform the look.

E

Hi everyone. Purchased a new 2017 LX 570 a few months back and immediately switched out the 21" wheels for the current model year 20" wheels with BFG 275/60R20 D rated tires. Very pleased with the change. I don't have plans to do any other significant mods but am tempted by the Tembo fuel tank.

I'm heading to Telluride in a couple of weeks and will search these forums to find some trails I can drive, ideally without scratching or denting the body.

And yes, my LX regularly goes off-road around my mini Texas ranch. When I purchased this vehicle at the dealership and they asked me why I was interested in a LX, I told them I needed something that can go off-road. The saleman's eyes nearly popped out of his head and he told me he's not aware of any customers going off-road!

View attachment 1510735
Any rubbing or clearance issues? This is the *exact* size I'm considering from my stock '08 LX. Thanks in advance!

Any rubbing or clearance issues? This is the *exact* size I'm considering from my stock '08 LX. Thanks in advance!
Absolutely no rubbing at all in over 3,000 miles. At normal height with wheels turned fully, there is very little clearance. I think I'm only getting away with it as the wheels are stock with factory offset and the tire width is 275. Strangely, there is greater clearance in low and a lot more clearance, unsurprisingly in high.

Here's a pic comparing the L/M/H heights on my LX570. Though with a larger tire (305/55/20s)

There's also a low range ultra high mode that's 20mm higher F/R that I didn't capture.

AHC33s.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome.. Glad you are here!
I too wondered about rubbing with your 305s. Your truck sure does look great.
When I bought my '14 LX and told them what I intended to do with it the dealer reaction was similar. :rofl:LOL

Yes - they tolerate the dirt rather well.. and in comfort. The wide-eye crazy looks have been replaced with admiration at the dealership.

lx off road.jpg

Awesome to see more LX's playing the part and gettin' dirty.

275's are a straightforward and easy fit. Takes more effort for the incrementally larger 305s. Since they're wide, spacers are a requirements due to interference against the upper arm. I have 1" spacers all around, which IMO works well with the slight tire lift to maintain stability.

Then there's the slight rub against the forward wheel well and rear mudflap. If you notice the pic above, I initially took off my mudflap to get home from the tire shop. I've since fitted them back with some minor tweaking and now all fits well with no rubbing.
Documented here - Modifying Splash Gaurds for 33's

No untoward handling manners. Lots of stability and cornering traction. I've had to do evasive maneuver on the fwy as the car right ahead of me rear-ended the car in front of him. A really really aggressive "moose test" maneuver. She's no lightweight yet she handled it with aplomb and zero drama, getting me out unscathed. This is why I prefer larger tires to maintain cornering traction with AT tires, and axle lift, yet keeping the stock suspension height and geometry. It maintains the best handling manners on road for situations like this where it matters.

When I bought my '14 LX and told them what I intended to do with it the dealer reaction was similar. :rofl:LOL

Yes - they tolerate the dirt rather well.. and in comfort. The wide-eye crazy looks have been replaced with admiration at the dealership.

View attachment 1512262
love the look of your '14LX. I am new to this forum and just bought a used '14lx on Monday. the previous owner had added what i think is 16" TRD rims and some bridgestone tires to it. Dealer was nervous because they thought it hurt the value but I had planned on adding some more off road capable wheels anyway so perfect for me. Just trying to reach out to other LX owners and get some ideas on what to do to this thing to make it more off road worthy. I'm by no means a series off roader but do like to launch my small fishing boat on lakes with now boat ramps, or take the family camping in areas only accessible with 4x4 so seems to be the perfect car. any suggestions you

View attachment 1512262
Great looking car. I just got a 14'lx on Monday. It came with TRD rims and Bridstone tires and I'm looking to do some more off road upgrades.
any suggestions you have would be great as I lean this new forum, (I just joined). thanks!

View attachment 1510735
Hi there, could you please let me know what model are those wheels out of? I also have the 21" wheels which don't like, I love the look of your truck. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom