New Member - Just Getting Started w/ '88 FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I made my son do some maintenance on ours before he got his license. Had to jump it every time he worked on it, as it had been on blocks in a warehouse for 10 years. At first you'd think I was having him connect cross country power lines...not 12V jumper cables. Got a new battery once he started driving. When he was the stud muffin that was able to jump a girls car, while the other boys stood around clueless....or when grown men would offer him large amounts of cash for it at the gas station, he developed an appreciation for it. I did create a monster though...he bought a 2021 LC - one of the last in the country, or so he was told. I bought mine new and it was his first car. His plan is to have my 18 m.o. grandson drive the '21 when he gets his license.

Lol offering money as the gas station, that sounds about right, especially when a young guy owns it.

I think when it comes to driving a LC, you really need to LOVE the car. When I turned 16 I LOVED these rigs, and thats the whole reason why I bought one. But my dad told me that I need to really love it to own one even though he had 2 in the past, he wasn’t sure it it would be a great car for me. However, I liked it so much I bought 2…… never looking back, but I think for anyone to drive the LC needs to be mechanically minded and has to have a passion for it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom