New master key (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Long story short, my wife lost the master key (fob built in) to my 98’ 100 series. Dealership just told me they have to pull the computer, send it off to get reset and programmed “to accept a new key”. They can then assign a new master key to it. Quoted me $1200 for the process. They said they couldn’t cut a blank blade off my vin because I don’t have the master. Does this sound right?

That's they way it used to be, Lexus didn't add dealer support to ECU until later years. You might be able to find a locksmith that can reflssh it's it

Long story short, my wife lost the master key (fob built in) to my 98’ 100 series. Dealership just told me they have to pull the computer, send it off to get reset and programmed “to accept a new key”. They can then assign a new master key to it. Quoted me $1200 for the process. They said they couldn’t cut a blank blade off my vin because I don’t have the master. Does this sound right?

They are full of it. You can cut a key from the vin, just can't program it. A lot of locksmiths can flash your ecu for about 200 bucks. Is your ecu part number 89661-60610? It should be. If it is I can make getting you a new key easy and super cheap.

I have a '99 mauser and need a master key. Currently only have 1 valet and if I lose that I'm screwed.

I used a reflash service I found on Ebay for my 99 cruiser. Sent them the ECU and he returned it reflashed with 3 cut chipped keys. Cost me about $150 four years ago. Can't seem to find the guy I used on Ebay but it looks like there are similar services available starting around $130. Only drawback is your vehicle will be down for a while.

I used a reflash service I found on Ebay for my 99 cruiser. Sent them the ECU and he returned it reflashed with 3 cut chipped keys. Cost me about $150 four years ago. Can't seem to find the guy I used on Ebay but it looks like there are similar services available starting around $130. Only drawback is your vehicle will be down for a while.

That's really not a bad deal. Cheapest place I could get Lexus keys cut in Albuquerque wanted 35 bucks each just to cut the keys.

They are full of it. You can cut a key from the vin, just can't program it. A lot of locksmiths can flash your ecu for about 200 bucks. Is your ecu part number 89661-60610? It should be. If it is I can make getting you a new key easy and super cheap.

I need a new transponder key and only have a valet key at the moment. Where is the ecu part number and what's the process to make this happen?

I need a new transponder key and only have a valet key at the moment. Where is the ecu part number and what's the process to make this happen?
It is on the ecu. The ecu is behind the glove box.

I have eeproms preprogrammed with the virgin code written to them that can be swapped. If you want I will send you one.

Did you get a key?

Not yet. Went by dealer and they quoted me $560 for new key and programming.

I don't understand why they charge so much. It is easy to do. If the method you are going to try doesnt work I will get you fixed up.

I have two keys for my 00 LC. One is a valet (black plastic, no buttons) and one I believe is a master. Both unlock the truck at the door lock, and start the vehicle.

The "master" has the remote buttons, but I can't lock/unlock the vehicle with the remote. I thought it was the battery, so I replaced the remote battery, but no luck.

Any idea what I need to do to get the remote to lock/unlock the doors?

Check to make sure you do have a master key. If your security light goes out as soon as the key is inserted in the ignition it is a master. If it stays lit for a couple seconds it is a valet.

Here is a video that makes programming fobs easy:

Alright, so help me figure out what I'm effing up. I follow the sequence above and I hear the locks "flicker". So then I hold down lock/unlock for 1 full second, and then the lock button for 2 full seconds. My truck then does a series of 3 "locks" in a row. It does this every time I hit the lock or unlock button after this, but I can't get it to properly respond to the key fob.

I'm pretty sure it's a master key, as the security light (vehicle shaped red light on the radio area) turns off immediately when I insert the key in the ignition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom