Builds New LX450(s) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yea, your fuse panel isn't switchable which is something i've found to like. If you ever mess with any of the electronics, you can turn the switch off and the power is cut off to the panel. after that, switch it back on and you are good to go.

If I would have understood, I wouldn't have had to add another switch on the firewall :\ :)

@weejub, you need to update your signature with the 2nd LX.

Updated pic of the battery situation. Cut all new lines/wires to flop the battery so I wouldn't have any worries about the battery terminals touching the hold-down bracket. Hope to get to work on the dual battery set-up. Will use the 1/4" posts for the tie-in to the dual battery ACR system.

20171223_214658.jpg

Wife gave me this for Xmas - need to pick it up.

SLI27MAGMDC - Duracell Ultra Platinum AGM Deep Cycle Battery for Deep Cycle BCI Group 27M Marine and Boat at Batteries Plus Bulbs

Huge thank-you to @lumbee1 for helping/doing the 7-Pin Mod and CDL Mod with me today. Really appreciate it. The LX has never driven better WITHOUT the front drive shaft and CDL on - - :)

Huge thank-you to @lumbee1 for helping/doing the 7-Pin Mod and CDL Mod with me today. Really appreciate it. The LX has never driven better WITHOUT the front drive shaft and CDL on - - :)
Thank you for the drive shaft. I'm going to clean and grease the splines before I install it. I also need to check if it will contact my sway bar when drooped out.

Here is the part you need for the steering shaft. 45292-35050
Available for about $20 with shipping.
45292-35050 - Genuine Toyota SEAL, MAIN SHAFT LOWER DUST

Thank you for the drive shaft. I'm going to clean and grease the splines before I install it. I also need to check if it will contact my sway bar when drooped out.

Here is the part you need for the steering shaft. 45292-35050
Available for about $20 with shipping.
45292-35050 - Genuine Toyota SEAL, MAIN SHAFT LOWER DUST

I'm still getting the scratchy noise, so I am going to remove the rear drive shaft (once I get the new front one put on) and clean and re-grease it, too.

Thx for the part number!

I'm still getting the scratchy noise, so I am going to remove the rear drive shaft (once I get the new front one put on) and clean and re-grease it, too.

Thx for the part number!
Where is the scratchy noise coming from? Is this the same noise we heard when we drove the Lexus around the block?

Where is the scratchy noise coming from? Is this the same noise we heard when we drove the Lexus around the block?

Yes - it is a LOT less now that the front drive shaft is removed, but similar . .just further back :) Assuming its the drive shaft and it simply needs grease. Thoughts?

Yes - it is a LOT less now that the front drive shaft is removed, but similar . .just further back :) Assuming its the drive shaft and it simply needs grease. Thoughts?
Scratchy noise could be a u-joint cap. I had a bad u-joint cap. It made a slight squealing noise but only in reverse. The inside of the bad cap was bone dry and the needle bearings were rust.

Pulling the rear and installing the front would quickly eliminate that possiblity.

Got the sliders on finally. Fit well.

20180826_172531.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom