New GX470 owner saying hi and giving first impressions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just picked up a stock 2009 GX470 with 130k miles. NAV with ML sound system. Doesnt appear to have KDSS. Came from a modestly build 1999 Limited 4Runner that I drove to almost 300k miles. Lexus.com says its been dealer-maintained here in the Seattle area since new. No frame rust which is something I battled for 10 years in the 4Runner. I paid more than I wanted ($20k) but was getting impatient and had the funds. Plus the 4Runner was due for some major maintenance and the wife didn't like the idea of putting our new baby in my old baby. . . so it was time.

First impressions:
Even with the above not done yet I couldn't resist taking it up Stevens Pass and getting her in some light snow. Wow, that V8 sure does climb faster and smoother than the 4Runner ever did!

Added a TUNAI Firefly LDAC Bluetooth Receiver that plugs into the AUX port and she sounds great streaming from Spotify.

Need to do some more research on the rear height leveling system. The airbags and compressor work and for driving around town keeping it in the middle seems fine. I will be towing a 2,500lb boat trailer and maybe a similarly yet-to-be-purchased travel trailer this summer and I hear deleting these bags and replacing with coils isn't a great move. My offroading is limited to mostly forest service roads and fields now anyway.

Getting work:
It's Blizzard Pearl and I see a few pinholes and one quarter-sized chip to bare metal that I think indicates I have to deal with peeling in the future. Will try to do some sealing with whatever paint matched kit I can find from Autozone to stop the bleeding in the short term.

No record of timing or water pump service on lexus.com so I have a new AISIN kit to drop in next week. Thats AISIN TKT-021 Engine Timing Belt Kit with Water Pump, AISIN FBT-002 Fan Pulley Bracket, and AISIN SKT-002 Engine Timing Cover Seal and Gasket Kit.

CV boots appear to be torn so have a GSP NCV69170XD XD Series CV Axle Shaft Assembly on the way.

Front sway bar links look shot so I have Detroit Axle replacements on the way.

Rear brake pads are pretty thin so ordered Akebono "Ultra-Premium ceramic" replacements for front and rear (PNs ASP606A and ASP976 looked right, hope so)

Visors and tri-color grill badges on the way too.

Overall, very pleased and excited!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom