New GX 460 owner! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After doing a lot of research on GX 460/470s, 4Runners, Land Cruisers, and some others I decided to buy a GX 460. I found a local, one-owner, 2010 Premium in the dark green (mica metallic?) with the dark gray/black interior. She has 60k miles and it turns out that I actually know the guy who traded it in. It came with all service records and the work was done on time at the local Lexus dealership or by another trusted independent mechanic in the area. It has all of the options that I was looking for...and then some. I could have gone without the rear entertainment but oh well. In a perfect world I would have found one with this green exterior but with the "sepia" leather interior. I preferred that medium brown color over the light tan or the dark gray / black. Oh well...still beautiful.

My most recent vehicle was a 1999 SR5 4Runner of which I'm the second owner and just eclipsed 200k. While I love my 4Runner I wanted a more comfortable and refined DD and the 460 certainly fits the bill. I needed the versatility of the 4Runner for off the grid fishing trips throughout Colorado, southern Missouri, and Arkansas but I don't feel like i'm losing anything in that area with the GX.

My GX came with a "Q certified" warranty from the Audi dealership I purchased from so full drive train is covered for 2 years with only a $100 out of pocket for any work done. That gives some peace of mind. I'm confident that this has been very well maintained...my only real concerns are surrounding the rear adjustable air suspension.

Anyway - i'll post some pics soon and document my first fishing trip with the GX on some rugged "roads" along some beautiful spring creeks and rivers. In the meantime THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING SUCH GOOD RESOURCES AS I RESEARCHED THIS PURCHASE.

Droops

Hey there. After 2 weeks of being a 460 owner I can confidently say I'm a big fan. Just want to make sure I'm taking care of it the right way. A few questions:

1. Do you recommend going to Lexus dealership for the scheduled maintenance or should I go to a trusted independent mechanic? Not a DIY type but am willing to learn if I should.

2. At 65k miles are they any big things I should have done or at least confirm have been done?

3. What's the best way to get the nav updated to the most current info? Mine is a 2010 - is Lexus still making updates available?

IMG_0724.JPG

Congratulation on your new toy. Beautiful color.
If you have a guy that you really trust then would definitely be a better way to save money.
At 65 k , unless you have proof that the owner before you did it ?? , I would replace all oils except transmission. Transfer case, differentials and engine. All filters, oil, air and in cab. Lubricate drive shafts ( front and rear ) and good to go. That truck should go another 650 K provided that you keep up with the maintenance.
Your Lexus dealer would be more then happy to update your maps for few bucks but if I compare my 2012 Tundra with the 2016 GX , I see no difference on the amount of data. Few extra local streets that are been developed in the last few years. Beside that not much difference.
Good luck and enjoy it.

Great looking color and deal, I'm looking for sticky-type threads or wiki page myself. I've read something about secondary air-injection issues but haven't seen much on it. Enjoy that beast!

Some of the filter on top of the pump where not sturdy enough and they would get sucked in. Specially if they get wet. I believe they update the part. At list in my truck is not a soft foam anymore.

Thanks Virgilus11, will be sure to look out for that when shopping mine. I've actually been up to NJ 3-4x this year Striper fishing, no dice yet though!

You have to remove the front engine cover and few bolts to see the filter. The pump is on the left side close to the head light but don’t let that discourage. Few bucks from Lexus. This was a very isolated issue.
Remember on a forum, you will see 100% of the complains but only 1% of what is great about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom