NEW GUY (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings! Bought a 2007 LC 100 last week. Solid, clean, front seats are in exceptional condition as is the rest of the interior, no AHC. Grew up loving my best bud’s FJ40 “Shorty.” Love the LC lineage.

Working through some minor issues and personalizations along with having preventive and required maintenance done. At 215K+ miles, just had the timing belt and water pump kit, fan clutch, bracket and bearing, serpentine, power steering pump and reservoir, heater T’s, front transaxels, front wheel bearings, and brake fluid flush done. In the shop now for secondary air injection pump and associated pieces/parts. While the manifold is off, I’m considering replacing the starter given there is no maintenance record of it ever being replaced. Radiator and associated plumbing look good. Thoughts?

JBL Stereo system is in dire need of refresh. I have factory navigation and understand my in dash options are nil or limited. Some kind of rattle in back, i believe to be woofer or amp related. Help!

Rubber on the road is ample enough leaving me time to think suspension. Nothing over the top, probably OME, Billsteins, or the like, with 275 or 285/70/18 Falken Wildpeak AT3s. No Land Cruiser lean that I can see.

Plan is to set it up to explore the U.S. we’ve never seen when I retire. I would overland, but my wife is decidedly a hotel glamper ~ I’m certain I’m not alone. Any thoughts for the newb are appreciated. Glad to be here.

IMG_0027.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom