New guy

Hey guys. Just joined the forum and I'm looking forward to learning and talking to you all. I will be signing papers on my 82 FJ 60 in a couple days.

Hey guys. Just joined the forum and I'm looking forward to learning and talking to you all. I will be signing papers on my 82 FJ 60 in a couple days.
Welcome. Im new here too, but really liking all the information and help this place provides. Its a nice community.
hot damn! another 2 for 1 deal, welcome down this rabbit hole that never ends boys. yes, it tis a nice community...........but insanity helps, especially if you get drawn into the dark back warrens of chit chat. don't say you haven't been warned 😤 oh yeah, before i forget, one for @pdugas :flipoff2: n so @HMP doesn't feel left out:flipoff2:

if you go looking for alice, too late, she left with me:flipoff2:

• Haha
Reactions: HMP
I'm gonna just copy-pasta this....

On a more practical front, the Early 60's are different in a lot of ways. Took me a bit to realize that (and that most people have later 60's, so the info here doesn't tend to be accurate for early owners). You need a 1980 Body manual: FSM - 1980 Chassis & Body 36044E - https://forum.ih8mud.com/resources/1980-chassis-body-36044e.137/ though the 1984+ manual has slightly better photos/wording for some things.

there's the rest of the 60 manuals on the site. Hopefully yours is less fuddled-with than mine... someone put a later gauge cluster in mine that threw me for all kinds of loops (4wd light, but there's no switch, or even spot for a switch, on the early transfer cases), rear hatch with defrost and wiper but the dash switches were not added and the switches have different pinouts from the later models, etc... Can be a highly frustrating experience with an Early 60. Just keep that in mind as you start your reading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom