New dude (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all

Grant from mill park. I’m looking at getting a 2002 glx 1hd-fte

I have a video to post when it’s ok to do so. I don’t want to upset the admin being a newbie here. I inspected a car and had someone come out and do a report. Ticking tapping noise there unsure of after running for 40 mins he noticed. I’d post a vid but happy to wait for permission or the say so. Btw I know almost impossible to diagnose by video but I’m under pressure to decide to purchase or let it go.

Hi all

I have a video to post when it’s ok to do so. I don’t want to upset the admin being a newbie here. I inspected a car and had someone come out and do a report. Ticking tapping noise there unsure of after running for 40 mins he noticed. I’d post a vid but happy to wait for permission or the say so. Btw I know almost impossible to diagnose by video but I’m under pressure to decide to purchase or let it go.

Welcome mr. 1HD-FTE .... :D

1hd-fte black - Copy.jpeg

Thanks. This American forum yeh?

US based, predominantly US members.
There's a bunch of Aussies too, and people from around the globe.
More and more Aussies since a couple of Aussie based cruiser forums vanished.

You can't upload video directly.

Load it to YouTube, and copy and post a link. Or Vimeo, Flickr etc

US based, predominantly US members.
There's a bunch of Aussies too, and people from around the globe.
More and more Aussies since a couple of Aussie based cruiser forums vanished.

You can't upload video directly.

Load it to YouTube, and copy and post a link. Or Vimeo, Flickr etc
Lot's of us here from Canada 🇨🇦

Can I say the L word here. Land Rover disco 2 owner. I’m selling and wanting a 2002 something landy. Seems best year for least issues. Reliability Towing. Such a small ask yet so many cars are crap. I’d get a jeep Cherokee but unless it’s near new and still under some warranty. No way in hell. I have to go old school and go for Toyota

Nice so many Toyota fans out there. Brand really speaks for itself. Trust and reliability. I just hope the noise issue isn’t something bigger.

Very hard to diagnose by video. Here is a short list my old mechanic (cliff) threw at me.

🤷🏻‍♂️ could be cam wear, could be hydraulic lifters, could be big end crank bearing…? Can’t diagnose over phone sorry.”

Facebook comment “
If it's around the injection pump then it's normal. Like a metallic ting noise.
Can't really hear anything in that video.”

$15-20k engine if it’s sever so being cautious a bit to a pushy buyer who just wants to sell. Hoping noise is tappers but no idea

Hi all

i poured over a few TECH. Videos for you , and i know others the HOST has made , you should take the time and make the time to watch this twice ,

its both intriguing and very very T-TEN in nature ,

SOLID Mate 4 u...

1630908291613 - Copy.png

Just started watching it. I saw it the other day and turned it off but since you mentioned it will make the effort. Thanks for your assistant Mr Matt

Just started watching it. I saw it the other day and turned it off but since you mentioned it will make the effort. Thanks for your assistant Mr Matt

why did you turn it off ?

1HD-FTE Knowledge is Power

Power knowing all about the 1HD-FTE is your way here

your way forward ...

why did you turn it off ?

1HD-FTE Knowledge is Power

Power knowing all about the 1HD-FTE is your way here

your way forward ...
Annoying, most of it was actually. So if I take off the muffler those river cruises should be fun? :p

Still would like a diesel mechanic to list to the video or arrange one to monday...

Annoying, most of it was actually. So if I take off the muffler those river cruises should be fun? :p

Still would like a diesel mechanic to list to the video or arrange one to monday...

Class Dismissed ,,,,, :beer: :beer:

1024px-1989_Toyota_1HD-T_Type_engine_front.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom