New Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just picked up a 97fzj Cruiser. I have driven 2nd and 3rd gen 4Runners for years and still have one, but truthfully loved the look of 80s. Looking forward to driving it on weekends for now. Drove it back from Colorado and had a blast. Going to put a rack on it right away and then ease into learning about it and doing some other mods maybe. Not perfect, but don't want it to be :)

Any recommendations on a rack? Will use for mainly weekend camping trips right now.

Thanks and just started exploring the forum...awesome place so far!

cruiser 1.jpg

Cruiser 2.jpg

Cruiser 3.jpg

Cruiser 4.jpg

Cruiser 5.jpg

Welcome! What kind of rack are you looking for? Basket, flat, hybrid? What’s your plans for it? Roof top tent, just storage, hauling lumber?

Thanks! yeah the gold will be going. Roof top tent is the main plan with some light hauling. I have a rear hitch bike mount for the gravel bike that fits nicely.

Always disappointed when we loose vehicles from the Centennial State. On the other hand you’ll love the LandCriuser addiction!

Give back to the state were you bought your excellent vehicle.

Call Gamiviti for your rack .

devo

Check out the Bowfin rack. Search as there are many good reviews and threads on this forum.

I second the Bowfin rack as well as its twin the Prinsu design version sold by CBI. I have the latter version and it is a rock. I like the idea that the sides of the rack are full length in the gutters. Consequently any cargo weight is distributed along a longer contact patch. In really heavy rain the gutters might not work as designed. However I will take the ability to spread the load over a larger area versus having rain run off correctly.

Welcome!

There are a few other Iowegians on here, but they are few.

What area?

(I'm originally from Iowa, but now in the KC area.)

Always disappointed when we loose vehicles from the Centennial State.
I took one from Kansas to add back to the count. 👍

Southeast Iowa. Would be fun to connect sometime with others!
I would assume you're south of Iowa City.

There's one in Cedar Rapids and there is a dealership there that provides VERY good service to him.

We order a lot of parts online for our trucks, in spite of living inside the city.

We (Tornado Alley Cruisers) have frequent get-togethers for the Kansas City area. You may want to follow some of the St. Louis area Cruisers since they will be considerably closer to you.

I have seen one Cruiser in south-central and a couple in west central Iowa, but there does not seem to be many among all the Ford, Chevy, and Dodge farm areas of the state.

I would assume you're south of Iowa City.

There's one in Cedar Rapids and there is a dealership there that provides VERY good service to him.

We order a lot of parts online for our trucks, in spite of living inside the city.

We (Tornado Alley Cruisers) have frequent get-togethers for the Kansas City area. You may want to follow some of the St. Louis area Cruisers since they will be considerably closer to you.

I have seen one Cruiser in south-central and a couple in west central Iowa, but there does not seem to be many among all the Ford, Chevy, and Dodge farm areas of the state.

I hear that. I have only seen a few over the past few years. I do live south of Iowa City and travel the 218 corridor - Waterloo down to Missouri (not in the cruiser :)) for work. I do get to KC a few times a year. Thanks for the input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom