New Buyer Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First off, thanks for all of the great information on here. it has been a huge help in order for me to do some research and land on trying to get my hands on a GX.

I wanted to mainly get some affirmation I guess. Tomorrow i am going to look at a 2006 GX with 180k and it is non Nav. The seller knows very little about the vehicle and I am awaiting the VIN number from them to do some back research on it before I drive to take a look at it. Besides the normal rust, maintenance logs and exhaust tick anything else that would stand out to look for? Also 180k isnt too high from what i have been reading i am just mentally trying to get over that hurdle of maybe going to a higher mileage vehicle, but the price would be something that I may not be able to pass up... it is set at $6k with an extra set of winter wheels and tires as well. let me know your thoughts and what else to be mindful of, i am just nervous as i want to purchase a solid vehicle as we have a new member of the family on the way.

-Test the rear suspension settings...low, normal, high. Switch is next to the gear selector.
You should hear the compressor, and if you pay attention, will slowly see the hood (from drivers seat) raise or lower. Also, when you first see the car, make sure the rear isn’t squatting...a sure sign an airbag has failed.
-test sunroof and look for leaks or water damage around it.
-timing belt
-if practical, try to pull codes. Some might involve cats ($$), or the SAIS system
-cracked dash
-take the time to remove the engine covers (very easy to do) if they’re still there.
-check radiator (if cold) for red coolant, and limited to no crystallized crud around rad cap.

Probably lots of other suggestions will come in.
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom