New brakes all 4 wheels at 90,077miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just bought rotors and brake pads and all the anti-rattle shims and clips and springs for my 2012 TTSE. Took 3 1/2 un-rushed hours to replace at all 4 corners. Everything fitted perfectly. I have a complete parts list if anyone is interested. Cost $475 from a local Toyota dealer and I was charged $0 for shipping . My good friend Nestor helped with the work and I think it turned out fantastic.

IMG_8249.JPG

Nice! Did you do all new fluids as well?

My 2014 TTUE feels fantastic (28k miles). My 2012 TT at 80k miles (brake job done at Toyota), the pedal isn't as firm as my TTUE. Wonder if any air in lines.

Bleed your brakes, requires 2 people. My brake pedal feels solid. When we replaced the pads we pinched closed the line and opened bleeder valve to press pistons back in. When all re-assembled we took the pinch clamp off the line . We bled front brakes after front complete, then did the same at the back. I bought a bottle of DOT-3 and we used about a cup to top up the reservoir, maybe less, the level had not gone down too much over the life of my old pads.We did not drain and re-fill all the brake fluid, only what we removed to a different container as we replaced pads and rotors.

When bleeding brakes I was always told to start with the caliper furthest from the booster (right rear), then work your way to left rear, right front, and finally front left.

Sure you can do that if you have air in your system. I clamped the brake hose shut near each wheel so only had air between the clamp and the caliper, only took 2 shorts pumps of the pedal per wheel to remove .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom