New 80 series owner! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys! I am a new 80 series owner and would love to meet other owners in the Chattanooga owner. I am also looking at another truck that doesn’t run and need advice on that.

Welcome; there are several of us with 80s in the area, though not a lot of action on this page lately. Will you be wheeling the rig? What's the question on the one that doesn't run?

Hey guys! I am a new 80 series owner and would love to meet other owners in the Chattanooga owner. I am also looking at another truck that doesn’t run and need advice on that.

Welcome; there are several of us with 80s in the area, though not a lot of action on this page lately. Will you be wheeling the rig? What's the question on the one that doesn't run?
[/QUOTE

I am not a mechanic and the one that isn’t running us being sold by a local used car lot. Obviously it could be many issues and it could be a super easy fix. I wish I had some one who is very knowledgeable that I could take With me to look at it. Are their any ways to discern whether the problem is major versus an issue that involves the starting capabilities of the truck? I don’t want to buy a truck with a blown engine, etc

No run can be a lot or a little. Will the engine turn over at all or is it a DOA rig. DOA make diagnosis super tough.

Check oil for coolant mix, pull a plug or 2, otherwise could be literally anything. Can you get any more info in it? If it is a non-runner with no other info, then it should be super cheap. I mean, that is a sub 1k truck. Anything more with no more info is a gamble. Unless you want a parts truck, then if it has a straight body and the I terror is I. Good shape, it could be worth a minimal investment, but still sub 1k.

Also what year is it? If it is 95+ and the key will at least come on, you could take a code reader down and check for stored codes. If the battery is dead or codes were cleared, you'd be SOL on that.

@jynx is right - could be many things. If it is the blue triple locked 80 at the dealer off shallowford, I'd be pretty careful. Rough paint. Rusty hood. Trashed interior. It's been for sale for a LONG time.... He says he is FIRM at like $3400.

[QUOTE="jhammond615, post: 13406981, member: 175790"

[/QUOTE]

I actually looked at that one too I think. If it is the same one, he has been FIRM on it for a very LONG time and my guess is it is junk and not worth messing with.

My guess is he has seen the prices and figured he could make a fast buck and paid a premium for a pile and now he has no idea how to fix it.

I actually looked at that one too I think. If it is the same one, he has been FIRM on it for a very LONG time and my guess is it is junk and not worth messing with.

My guess is he has seen the prices and figured he could make a fast buck and paid a premium for a pile and now he has no idea how to fix it.
Yeah this is probably true! Glad you guys have already looked at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom