New 200 Series Wheel Option - OZ Rally Raid (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OZ Racing has come out with a new Dakar Rally inspired wheel called the Rally Raid. Available in our 5x150 bolt pattern in 17x8 +30 and 18x8.5+30 Land Cruiser 200 series configurations. Our market options have always been fairly limited so a new option is always exciting to me.

I like that they chose to go with a +30 offset, seems to be a good spot for being wide and flush with the fenders, without compromising scrub radius or fender rubbing. Plus they seem to be good quality (heat treated and Made in Italy), look fairly decent, and come in a nice 17" size to allow for maximum sidewall. Should give the Evo Corse DakarZero, TRD Rock Warrior, etc some competition. Now if only Volk started offering those TE37/TE37XT's in a 17" +20-35 LC200 fitment!

No idea where to order them from, but some are on Tire Rack in different fitments and in the $275-325 per wheel price range.
Never heard a lot of positive comments re durability of OZ wheels... been around some time, but not thinking their niche is off road worthy market... Some road racing worthiness though which doesn’t apply to our off road world! Durability is a must to me even for street/road use! Wheel choice is a serious decision, where function trumps form... always! Can have both... but isn’t cheap! It’s comparable to the old motorcycle helmet adage “ how much is your head worth ?”

I always wore an Arai...... and if I put new wheels on my LC... they have to be proven to be truly off road worthy!

Here are bronze 18's on my 2020 Heritage with Blizzaks. We head up north frequently during the winter- so a proper snow I find worth it.

Installing today I note that there is less lug stud available from factory. Factory has about 24mm and these OZ's leave only 16.8. Just about 10 turns on them, which looking up on the old internet seems safe. Both factory and OZ nuts would seem to accomodate another 10 MM of stud though.

I've called Tire Rack and described the issue and they'll get back to me on Monday. Initial response was 10 turns should do it. Still... it's only 2/3 of what the factory was (about 14 turns).

Happy with the look, sadly no center caps. Surely some could fit, just need somebody to make some. Offset is just enough, but flaps should still cover just right.

Also amazed that the factory jack doesn't suffice. Using the jackpoint specified in the manual for the front, it would not lift the factory wheel enough as the suspension droops. I figured out my own way, but jeeze- I traded my Mercedes because I was disappointed with the build quality and attention to some details. Seems a clear whiff on Toyota's tech writer.

I used my floor jack and jack pad under the A arm, not much lift required then. But would love to know what the "official" safe way is.

Also interestingly the TPMS picked right up. No reset required.

View attachment 2502137View attachment 2502138View attachment 2502139View attachment 2502140
They look right! Interested in their durability..

I’m not seeing any OZ center caps on the LC photos of the Rally Raid wheels. Not compatible? Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom