Need to get rear locker fixed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1999 100 series and the rear locker is not currently working. I know nothing about lockers, could be electrical or a mechanical issues. Does anyone have experience with working on these? I'm willing to pay in beer/food. Or can someone recommend a shop that can fix it? Thanks.

We don't currently have another wrench day scheduled on the books but could probably find some time to mess around with it. I don't have experience with the e-locker but it can't be that difficult. If never engaged before the actuator is probably gummed up.

Oh, and the obvious question, have you tried driving figure 8 while in low range to engage it? The rear locker wont engage in hi range.

I'd try Pro Gear down in Clairemont on Roson Rd. They just installed a rear E locker in my 200? You can do some simple electrical checks, fuse, switch etc pretty easy.

Thanks for the info. I will try some figure 8s this weekend out in the desert and check out the electrical.

Of coarse don't forget our friendly folks up a Bent Motorsport... San Marcos.

I did some figure 8 donuts out in the desert. After my third figure 8 the light came on for the rear locker, but the center diff lock light went off. Does that mean anything? Thank you all for your advice and knowledge.

sounds like i need to schedule a wrench day.

Yup!

Wanna replace my steering rack? lol

I'm heading to Utah to do it at a buddy's shop, parts at cost plus his experience equals less head aches for me lol plus using a lift will help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom