NEED TO BORROW 54mm axlw socket. Please! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone own a 54mm axle socket that i could borrow?

After getting the 35 inch duratracs installed :) I went into big O for an alignment. They quickly told me my front bearings were loose and they wanted to get in there repack the outer one and torque everything to speck for $400. I said f that, get my landcruiser off of your lift.
After checking them, there is a tiny bit of play. Nothing noticeable driving, no noises either.
Anyway, its a quick job and i can do it, just need that 54mm socket.
I'm hoping to get it done this Saturday, because the following weekend is Turf n Surf!
Message me on here or just text/call 9257196846.

Thanks!

I have :beer:.

Hi Justin, I have one you can use. I am not sure what they were wanting to do for that kind of dough. I am sure the bearings in the birf are fine. A repack is always nice but that wouldn't make them loose. Since your in there you might want to replace seals with Marlins heavy duty ones. I have a set you could use now and just order me some more when you get a chance. The socket is in ruff shape. Let me look and see if I can locate it. I always the chisel method.

Yeah i don't know why they wanted 400, they said they wanted to mainly check the preload and just repack the outer bearing while its opened that much.

I did the knuckle rebuild about 2 years ago and there has been no signs of leaks, or any problems.
When i did the preload i did it by Feel. I will be using a fish scale this time, i probly just did it a smidge too loose. like i said it has been fine for two years, but I'm going to get in there and make sure.

I've got new star lock washer things and that first gasket already in the mail. Just need that big socket.
I will be texting the # above. Thanks!

And the chisel Method???

Chisel method is basically notching an edge and then using the chisel to turn through hammer hits.

Like I said in the text, Saturday will be stupid busy down here and I normally have a lot of people at my house otherwise I would jump in there with ya on the driveway however not sure where Krusty Dan lives since the socket is his (the one I have) and I have yet to get it back to him if he can offer up the driveway I can always get it to him this week.

Well then you can call me Billy Bob:hillbilly:. You can be Scooter or Snake s***:flipoff2:. Thanks for the Socket-found it on the back step of my rental. She was wondering what the heck it was:hmm::princess:. I'm in the building with the french back doors. Do you need it back after Justin uses it?

No problem... Felt bad just leaving it there but got called to a meeting so I had to run real quick. I actually finished with it a while ago, meant to bring it to a meeting for you and just have never gotten to any of the meetings. I appreciate you lending it to me for this long.

Yeah have no idea why I kept calling you Dan even though I knew you were Mark... Old age maybe?!

@justintpryor Did you get the knuckle rebuild taken care of? Looks like I am going to scramble and try and get the springs replaced in my truck over the next couple weekends. Since the backend has already been apart I am hoping that it will come apart easily and go back together just as easily. Front will be a different story I have a feeling. Going to try and do the springs along with the TREs. Debating on if I want to rent a TRE puller or just go after it with a BFH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom