Need input on a camper trailer and towing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking at getting a camper trailer. I know nothing about them but I do like camping and I'd like it better with the creature comforts of home. I have a 2000 LC and am curious about what "safe" size trailer I should be looking at as far as towing capacity goes. Of course i would love something huge but that may be down the road. For now something reasonable for me and my daughter to camp out at state parks across the region. Any tips or suggestions on size, brand, etc.. would be appreciated. I know these Land Cruiser's are beasts but I don't know what they will safely tow without tearing up my LC or the camper. Thanks in advance.

I tow a camper that is pretty much at the weight limit with my 200 series and it does great. You will need a properly set up weight distribution hitch and a break controller. I have a buddy that has a LX470 and pulls a 19’ rPod with a slide out all over Alaska. Loaded I think it’s in the 4500-5k range.

What length and weight is that? What model do you have. Just curious. I’m just trying to find a starting point to shop at. Thanks.

What length and weight is that? What model do you have. Just curious. I’m just trying to find a starting point to shop at. Thanks.
I have a outdoor RV Black Rock 22BHS. It’s a 22’ and ~25’ tongue to bumper. It’s to big for a 100 series but I have a 200.

This is the trailer my buddy has that he pulls with his 2002 LX470

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom