Need help with valve cover (1 Viewer)

Can I get a quick walkthrough on changing out the valve cover gasket and valve cover seals on a 1f. I've been searching and cant find anything. Are there torque specs for this?
Thankyou

If I were you, I'd locate a 2F cast aluminum cover and use that. The stamped metal valve covers are notoriously leakers. They use a cork gasket and tend to be over-tightened and warp. Now I expect to get some crap from Mark Algazy over this, so just go ahead and listen to him.

Ed

Poser

Oh...Durka Durka Durka.
s-Moderator
Supporting Vendor

Tighten it up, but not so much that you bow the cover more than it probably already is...otherwise you will push the new gasket out....

I gave up on stamped steel rocker covers, and run 2F covers...

2F covers= NO LEAKS :)

good luck!

-Steve

Poser said:
Tighten it up, but not so much that you bow the cover more than it probably already is...otherwise you will push the new gasket out....

I gave up on stamped steel rocker covers, and run 2F covers...

2F covers= NO LEAKS :)

good luck!

-Steve

Jeeeze, Poser, you mighta given me credit for a little something. I try not to get outa my comfort zone as to what I know. It's a very small zone, so I don't have too much trouble. Heh.

Ed

Poser

Oh...Durka Durka Durka.
s-Moderator
Supporting Vendor

Posted it and walked away ed...I did not even see your post.

Don't sell yourself short Toothboy...your a great source for info!

:beer:

Best mod I have done to date was swap covers. Find an aluminum cover from a 2F and be done with it!!

Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom